1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

So who's using the JangleBox?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drolling, Aug 20, 2005.

1. drolling

drolling Member

Just got some new guitars so I'm reassessing my board and thinking this compressor might be something I could use.

So, what guitars & amps work best with the janglebox? How does it interact with other pedals?

Thanks,
    dave

2. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

3. muddy

muddy Member

if you go to the janglebox site, i did a mess o'clips for them, and in combo with others, too. i also use it as a boost. and yes, it's still on my board. :cool:

ml

4. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

My JangleBox plays well with both my Mesas, a Nomad 100 and Blue Angel.

As for guitars, I play a Les Paul Custom, a Les Paul Special (P90s), a Strat with WCR SRs, a Danelectro 12 string, and I just got a G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Semi-Hollow. The JangleBox loves them all.

5. drolling

drolling Member

Thanks, guys. Great clips! Just called the toll free number and got a pre-recorded message saying the wat time was 3-4 weeks. Either this thing has really taken off, or they're building them to order.

Have they always had a 1 month turn-around time?

thanks,
    dave

6. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Member

7. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Recently picked one up...really adds a nice character to the tone across the spectrum. A bit brighter and deeper at the same time. Not exactly sure how the controls interact, but I like what I hear.
    Greg

8. muddy

muddy Member

i gotta tell ya, mine is still hangin' tough on my pedaldoard! one of my fave od goosters!

ml

9. dank

dank Consummate Beatles Fan Silver Supporting Member

Damn you all! Being a Beatles freak, how can I resist?! I just ordered one. Ticket To Ride, here I come!

10. dank

dank Consummate Beatles Fan Silver Supporting Member

Dave: 3 to 4 week wait time? I ordered mine on 9/13 and received it today, 9/15!

11. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Well, you're just the lucky little ____, aren't you!! I had to wait four, count 'em, FOUR weeks for mine!

I'm kidding, of course. Welcome to the JangleBox club! :) You will be a member for life.

12. drolling

drolling Member

Yup, got mine real fast. It's pretty much like an good old DynaComp w/a switch to cut or boost treble. Haven't found much use for the dark setting, but does it ever *JANGLE* in the bright mode!! Not a subtle effect- I almost sliced my head off the first time I kicked it in. Very nice in front of a low-gain OD.

13. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Member

The Janglebox ranks as one of my all-time favorite effects...

14. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Well, where's your review?! :)

15. muddy

muddy Member

here are some clues, but don't ask, & if you DO work it out, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!

:BluesBros :Spank :BEER

ml

16. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

17. Tinman

Tinman Member

I had one on my board for a while and I really liked the sound. I ended up getting rid of it because for some reason I had to adjust the level constantly in gig situations. Using a Tonepress now.

18. drolling

drolling Member

JEEZ!! This ole thang's popped up!?!!

I don't even remember starting the thread, but, FWIW, the Janglebox's off my main board now - replaced by 2 compressors; Diamond & BJF.

The Diamond's an opto-comp, 1st generation model.. very subtle compression, very good 'tilt' EQ circuit. This one's always on.

Step on the BJF when I need *real* compression. It's everything I loved about my scriptlogo Dynacomp, but 'true'-bypassed & w/o the noise.

Janglebox's in a rack drawer not gone/forgotten - This is one cool pedal that I still bring out occasionally, depending on the amps/guitars I'm using