• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

So who's using the JangleBox?

drolling

Just got some new guitars so I'm reassessing my board and thinking this compressor might be something I could use.

So, what guitars & amps work best with the janglebox? How does it interact with other pedals?

Thanks,
dave

muddy

if you go to the janglebox site, i did a mess o'clips for them, and in combo with others, too. i also use it as a boost. and yes, it's still on my board. :cool:

ml

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
My JangleBox plays well with both my Mesas, a Nomad 100 and Blue Angel.

As for guitars, I play a Les Paul Custom, a Les Paul Special (P90s), a Strat with WCR SRs, a Danelectro 12 string, and I just got a G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Semi-Hollow. The JangleBox loves them all.

drolling

Thanks, guys. Great clips! Just called the toll free number and got a pre-recorded message saying the wat time was 3-4 weeks. Either this thing has really taken off, or they're building them to order.

Have they always had a 1 month turn-around time?

thanks,
dave

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Recently picked one up...really adds a nice character to the tone across the spectrum. A bit brighter and deeper at the same time. Not exactly sure how the controls interact, but I like what I hear.
Greg

muddy

i gotta tell ya, mine is still hangin' tough on my pedaldoard! one of my fave od goosters!

ml

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Damn you all! Being a Beatles freak, how can I resist?! I just ordered one. Ticket To Ride, here I come!

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Dave: 3 to 4 week wait time? I ordered mine on 9/13 and received it today, 9/15!

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by dank
Dave: 3 to 4 week wait time? I ordered mine on 9/13 and received it today, 9/15!
Well, you're just the lucky little ____, aren't you!! I had to wait four, count 'em, FOUR weeks for mine!

I'm kidding, of course. Welcome to the JangleBox club! :) You will be a member for life.

drolling

Yup, got mine real fast. It's pretty much like an good old DynaComp w/a switch to cut or boost treble. Haven't found much use for the dark setting, but does it ever *JANGLE* in the bright mode!! Not a subtle effect- I almost sliced my head off the first time I kicked it in. Very nice in front of a low-gain OD.

muddy

here are some clues, but don't ask, & if you DO work it out, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!

:BluesBros :Spank :BEER

ml

Tinman

I had one on my board for a while and I really liked the sound. I ended up getting rid of it because for some reason I had to adjust the level constantly in gig situations. Using a Tonepress now.

drolling

JEEZ!! This ole thang's popped up!?!!

I don't even remember starting the thread, but, FWIW, the Janglebox's off my main board now - replaced by 2 compressors; Diamond & BJF.

The Diamond's an opto-comp, 1st generation model.. very subtle compression, very good 'tilt' EQ circuit. This one's always on.

Step on the BJF when I need *real* compression. It's everything I loved about my scriptlogo Dynacomp, but 'true'-bypassed & w/o the noise.

Janglebox's in a rack drawer not gone/forgotten - This is one cool pedal that I still bring out occasionally, depending on the amps/guitars I'm using

Top Bottom