So, you think you’re good at wiring guitars!

Funky54

i know click bait. I’ve had a guitar sitting in its case for 20 years because I can’t figure out how to put it back together. Show off your awesome ability of wiring guitars and help Funky54 get his guitar back.

How do I wire this?

Yes there is another thread but nobody hardly looked at it... so maybe a new thread title will help?

Last edited:

Funky54

got that right... and I'd simply find a new schematic that is compatible with the guitar's configuration.. looks like it had to many switches anyway

rk
This is the original 1981 fender wiring. I just want it stock and original 81 Fender Lead 1

wetordry

1 looks like the wire shield, it should work at 4

Maybe somebody could verify, but that might narrow it a bit.

Unless it's from a failed attempt previously.

Pedro58

Supporting Member
i know click bait. I’ve had a guitar sitting in its case for 20 years because I can’t figure out how to put it back together. Show off you awesome ability of wiring guitars and help Funky54 get his guitar back.

How do I wire this?

Yes there is another thread but nobody hardly looked at it... so maybe a new thread title will help?
What you've presented is a pretty incomplete picture. What is the pickup configuration? Without that, you have a bunch of components, but no big picture. I see two switches, two pots (250k? 500k? Other?), a cap (value?), an input jack, and some wire. This batch of components could be wired in a number of different ways.

Next, you have numbered the ends of the wires and placed question marks. I don't know what the question is, to be honest.

cap10kirk

Looks like the pickup is already connected to the switches and pots, right? If so, this is easy...throw away that bundle of pieced together wire going to the output jack. Put one wire going from the center lug of the volume pot to the hot/tip lug on the jack. Another wire from the other lug on the jack to ground (back of one of the pots). Then another wire to ground the bridge (again, to the back of one of the pots). Then you're done. It will take longer to heat up the soldering iron than it will take to actually fix this.

Funky54

What you've presented is a pretty incomplete picture. What is the pickup configuration? Without that, you have a bunch of components, but no big picture. I see two switches, two pots (250k? 500k? Other?), a cap (value?), an input jack, and some wire. This batch of components could be wired in a number of different ways.

Next, you have numbered the ends of the wires and placed question marks. I don't know what the question is, to be honest.
That’s just it my friend. This picture is how it looks. It’s original except some wires that use to be sodared somewhere are no longer.

This is a Fender Lead 1. I have never been able to find a schematic to put it back together.

Funky54

I just Googled "Fender Lead1" and a wiring diagram was one of the first results to pop up.
No.... I’ve spent days going to page 41 trying to do that. I did it this morning, last night, last week and last month. It’s not out there.

Funky54

Best I can do...

I really do appreciate the effort. This pic has been floating around the internet for a few years. When traced to the original post, the op said it was what he did since he didn't have a schematic.

Last edited: