So, you're a rich famous guitarist touring the world, do you...

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
I would probably use two or three guitars, tops.

That way my tech could swap out and I wouldn't have to worry about tuning.

Plus, it would be cool to have a Strat for some jangly songs, go back to a Jr for some raucous Rollin, and then whip out a LPC for the heaviest of heavy. (Heaviest of heavy for what I play- which is still probably mid-gain! :rotflmao )

Riffi

Courtney DIDN’T Kill Kurt!
Silver Supporting Member
My number one, maybe switch halfway through the set. No one can hear the difference in the audience.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
If I'm that rich and famous I know that the audience has paid good money to attend my show and hear me play the songs that made me that rich and famous - so I play the type of guitar that provides the voicing that made any particular hit song a hit, simple as that. If I'm Neil Young I just need Old Black all night, if I'm a Beatle, I need different guitars for different song voicing's through out my career. Give the people what they came for, reward their loyalty.

PartoftheDark

For a two hour set and the kind of stuff I play, I have too many tunings to only use one guitar anyway. It’s predetermined that I would need 4 or 5.

Strummerfan

I'd mostly use my Strat, but have a Tele and something with humbuckers for a couple of songs here and there, mostly for variety, but also as back ups and possibly a drop d guitar. I used to bring two to every gig, but with roadies, I could see three or four.

John Quinn

Gold Supporting Member
It depends on what kind of Music I wrote - if it's versatile probably a guitar for every era of songs - and if I was an ancient band (40 years+) that would mean about 35 guitars and about 12 amps.

seward

Silver Supporting Member
Chances are, the sound of me playing my #1 got me there, so if I'm not using it onstage, I'm using something that sounds and feels very similar. Or I'm using an HX Stomp and a ukelele.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom