sodano avenger VS vht 50cl

shred-dog

Member
Messages
75
OK i want an amp for thick bad ass 80's hard rock tones ala lynch/sykes/campbell/lee/moore ect.

i want good tone at low as well as high volume
i do not need an effects loop
1 channel would work
50 watts is cool

i have narrowed it down so far to a VHT pittbull 50cl or SOLDANO avenger

i have an old (#32) soldano hot rod 50 head that i love and i would be using this amp with it . so what do you guys think ?
 

Rock Fella

Member
Messages
2,567
recto.............erm ,no, id go for the avenger , soldano amps are just incredible , rock tones par excellence.

played a recto a few times, just couldnt get a usable tone out of it that wasnt buzzy and full of preamp fizz. vht are cool too, but id say soldano would be what you are lookin for dude.

good luck
jimmy
 

shred-dog

Member
Messages
75
no thanks on the single recto had one sold it didn't do it for me . hey brian did you get the roccaforte yet ? i also saw that you were lookin for an ultra lead . those would kill with your "custom" hamer!!:dude see ya scott

p.s. i put 2 vintage 30's and 2 gt75's in that marshall cab i got from you and put a little insulation in the back and made a birch ply back pannel and BAM! uberkab!!!!!!!!!!! it sounds killer
 

DEMENTED

Supporting Member
Messages
1,620
Originally posted by Rock Fella
recto.............erm ,no, id go for the avenger , soldano amps are just incredible , rock tones par excellence.

played a recto a few times, just couldnt get a usable tone out of it that wasnt buzzy and full of preamp fizz. vht are cool too, but id say soldano would be what you are lookin for dude.

good luck
jimmy
I had a Soldano SLO 100 that I sold to get the Recto. The Soldano just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Which Recto did you play, the new Singles like mine are a different amp than the Dual and Triple Rectos. Don't be so quick to write them off.
 

DEMENTED

Supporting Member
Messages
1,620
Shred Dog, glad the Marshall is working for you. I did end up getting the Roccaforte but it's so loud I have to wait till no one is home to play that bad boy. I want the Ultralead ...just gotta sell something to get the remainder of the funds for the purchase.
 

shred-dog

Member
Messages
75
cool good luck i was looking for a 50cl or an older classic to go with my hot rod 50 but if the price is right on the el-34 avenger i may get that .
 

* velcro-fly *

Supporting Member
Messages
2,499
Originally posted by DEMENTED
I did end up getting the Roccaforte but it's so loud I have to wait till no one is home to play that bad boy. I want the Ultralead ...just gotta sell something to get the remainder of the funds for the purchase.
Like selling your Roccaforte ??? :D

Let me know if thats something you've considered, a Custom 40 has been on my list too...

Thanks -

Steve E
 

* velcro-fly *

Supporting Member
Messages
2,499
Originally posted by shred-dog
i have narrowed it down so far to a VHT pittbull 50cl or SOLDANO avenger
I would do the Avenger...I heard one in a band setting the other night and was super impressed with the tone. I've owned an SLO, and would probably get one of these before Ibought an SLO again.

Steve E
 

DEMENTED

Supporting Member
Messages
1,620
Originally posted by * velcro-fly *
Like selling your Roccaforte ??? :D

Let me know if thats something you've considered, a Custom 40 has been on my list too...

Thanks -

Steve E
It's not what I want to do, but I think I want an Ultralead bad enough to consider it.:(
 

Wizard of Ozz

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
2,359
Originally posted by * velcro-fly *
I would do the Avenger...I heard one in a band setting the other night and was super impressed with the tone. I've owned an SLO, and would probably get one of these before Ibought an SLO again.

Steve E
+1 :dude
 




Top