soft landing spot ideas for Mia Hamm the Cat

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ford, May 1, 2016.

1. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

A year ago we took in a one year old stray kitty. We looked for an owner, had her scanned for a chip and all of that. Eventually she became our outdoor cat. My wife is super allergic to cats. She can't even hold Mia without breaking out into a rash, though she loves this cat! We also have two large indoor dogs who live to chase cats and squirrels so inside isn't a safe place.

We had her spayed. (she was pregnant of course)

She is a super sweet kitty. She loves human attention. Loves to be held.

She loves to get on the roof of the house and I don't mind. It is a safe place for her to hang out. There are three or four different ways for her to get up there.

Problem is, her main way of getting down is jumping about 8 feet to a brick walkway. Sometimes she lands softly. Sometimes she seems to hit pretty hard.

I'm trying to think of something I could put out there for her to jump on to either cushion the landing or something taller that would make for an intermediate landing spot.

Any ideas?

2. Sarutobi sasuke

Sarutobi sasuke Member

3. sausagefingers

sausagefingers Supporting Member

Wide plank covered with carpet so she can walk down.

ford likes this.
  4. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Ha.. I expected this to be one of the first replies.... you didn't let me down. Well done.