Sola sound MkIV “the Brazilian aka face peeler”

YYZ

Supporting Member
As above, last time I looked a week or so ago there were no Hybrids left in stock, only the waiting list.

As to your later points - you say yourself " fuzz seems such a personal thing" - price has no relevance as to whether it sounds good or not.

Going to another builder based on price is one thing, but won't tell you a darn thing about what each sounds like.

That's what this game is all about - in the last two or 3 years I must have "spent" c£12,000 on pedals, but I have also sold about £12,000 as well (well, maybe £11,000) :)

I am left with the winners to my ears...one of which is the Brazilian.....
Thanks. I just ordered a MKII Hybrid. I guess they have a couple left :dunno

fishleehooker

Supporting Member
Been sniffing around Tone Benders for a little while now but have never played one. Really liked what I’ve heard of the MKI but overwhelmed with builder choices. Went to “the source” and no MKI’s thankfully ($$$$) but saw this Braz and the MKII Pro Hybrid. Both videos sound good :dunno. I’m looking for smooth controllable harmonics with good definition. I have a muff style and it gets buried in the mix. Which would be the most usable of the two considering musicality and ability to be tamed? Also, fuzz seems such a personal thing, so which might flip the easiest for the least loss? I’m leaning Hybrid but don’t want to miss out on some Braz magic if it’s really that much more... :huh.
The Hybrid is probably great;I woulda gone with the MK IV. It's definitely more muff like. Also it is DMain built and all that, whereas the Hybrid, Main goes through it, but didn't build it. Since the Braz cost more and with that in mind, I think the resale def would be the MK IV Braz. I love mine. But the Hybrid will be sick....I'm 100% sure of that too. Don't second guess yourself, in spite of what I just said ( I meant to post this last night but forgot!).

Reactions: YYZ

fishleehooker

Supporting Member
As above, last time I looked a week or so ago there were no Hybrids left in stock, only the waiting list.

As to your later points - you say yourself " fuzz seems such a personal thing" - price has no relevance as to whether it sounds good or not.

Going to another builder based on price is one thing, but won't tell you a darn thing about what each sounds like.

That's what this game is all about - in the last two or 3 years I must have "spent" c£12,000 on pedals, but I have also sold about £12,000 as well (well, maybe £11,000) :)

I am left with the winners to my ears...one of which is the Brazilian.....
The Brazilian is a really remarkable pedal IMO. I'd be stunned if its not an instant classic honestly.

YYZ

Supporting Member
The Hybrid is probably great;I woulda gone with the MK IV. It's definitely more muff like. Also it is DMain built and all that, whereas the Hybrid, Main goes through it, but didn't build it. Since the Braz cost more and with that in mind, I think the resale def would be the MK IV Braz. I love mine. But the Hybrid will be sick....I'm 100% sure of that too. Don't second guess yourself, in spite of what I just said ( I meant to post this last night but forgot!).
All good. If you’re saying the Braz is more muff like, I think I’m ok with the MK2 for now, as I’m looking for something a little different than the muff.

fishleehooker

Supporting Member
All good. If you’re saying the Braz is more muff like, I think I’m ok with the MK2 for now, as I’m looking for something a little different than the muff.
I struggle with Muffs, but marvel at this so its only kind of Muff like. But more muff like than a MK II IMO. You should def be OK with the Hybrid though.

Reactions: YYZ

drbob1

Silver Supporting Member
The only thing that confuses me is that I don't think your face is what a Brazilian peels?

fishleehooker

Supporting Member
Even the wiring is Brazil's football team colors. Total nerd fest that is my kinda nerdfest: the attention to detail is ridiculous. They didn't miss a spot of paint on the inside...because pedal insides are cool too.
I"ll post a video when, and its getting close, the puppy gives me a little more time between bathroom breaks! I know/ hope Splatt gets one up. The good news, for me, is that I''ll probably play the thing really earthy and, hopefully groovy. Because if Splatt makes a video of this pedal, he might well take it way out and punch a hole in the space-time continuum (Maybe that's already happened based on events of late??????)

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Gold Supporting Member
Even the wiring is Brazil's football team colors. Total nerd fest that is my kinda nerdfest: the attention to detail is ridiculous. They didn't miss a spot of paint on the inside...because pedal insides are cool too.
I"ll post a video when, and its getting close, the puppy gives me a little more time between bathroom breaks! I know/ hope Splatt gets one up. The good news, for me, is that I''ll probably play the thing really earthy and, hopefully groovy. Because if Splatt makes a video of this pedal, he might well take it way out and punch a hole in the space-time continuum (Maybe that's already happened based on events of late??????)
ha! no, i haven't clipped with this beastly beauty yet, but i will; i just can't say when, yet.

Trending Topics