Sold all my pedals when I got the Kemper, now I might sell the Kemper

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by thedarkaxe315, Mar 9, 2015.

1. thedarkaxe315

thedarkaxe315 Member

Hello. I think the Kemper is the best thing in the world. When I got it I started playing guitar more because I had every tone with desired effects right there. The one thing it can't do is artificially make up for the space before the microphone and the cabinet. At some point I am pretty sure I will be selling it for a real amp of similar value or more. When I get a new amp I will then need to re-buy some pedals. Two different worlds here.

2. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Silver Supporting Member

There is nothing like playing a real tube amp, nothig. But the Kemper serves its purpose more in the studio IMO like most modelers do.

3. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

What's stopping you from mic'ing the K through an amp/spkr?

4. thedarkaxe315

thedarkaxe315 Member

Oh god I should've just posted here about this issue all along instead of gearslutz. It's always, "Just put a reverb on it," and no one ever speaks about micing it through a cab.

I have a vintage bassman 50 that I use a lot and if I want distortion out of an amp I will use the Kemper for that plus fx. I have not yet miced the Kemper through a solid state power and and a cabinet with a 12 inch speaker.

Been looking at a lot of amps though. If I get a solid 2x12 cab then I can use the Bassman for the darker vintage sounds or the new amp (Friedman) for beautiful cleans and distortion.