SOLD: Clark Tyger with Reverb--MINT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EelEye

Platinum Supporting Member
**NO TRADES** **NO TRADES** **NO TRADES**

When it comes to boutique tweed amps, it doesn't get any better than this 2001 Clark Tyger, a "perfected" boutique clone of the 3x10 Fender Tweed Bandmaster 5E7 amp. Clark Amplifiers makes one of the best Fender tweed clones and this amp takes it several steps beyond that. In addition to Clark's legendary attention to detail on the circuit and cabinet, this amp also has his 3-knob reverb and "regulator." The regulator is akin to an attenuator, something that helps get driven tweed tones at bedroom levels (I believe the 5E7 circuit puts out around 26 watts). This is NOT a loud, high-headroom amp--it starts giving up the goods when the volume is around halfway up, which is not an earbleed-level volume. Just warm tweed goodness at a sane volume.

For speakers, the amp has one Weber Alnico 10A125 and two Kendrick blackframe ceramic speakers in a 3x10" configuration. It also comes with a felt-lined vinyl cover.

The amp is in absolutely perfect, pristine condition and sold for well over $3,000 new (I'm not sure if Clark still puts reverb and the regulator in his amps, but those options added quite a bit of cost). It has never left my smoke-free, pet-free, problem free home.

I pack stuff really well, so no worries on having it get there in good shape. NO TRADES...$2,000 shipped and Paypal'd to a CONUS address only. Someone will also need to sign for the package when it is delivered.

Last edited:

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
I used to own one. Cool amps. And this one has Kendrick Black Frames. That's interesting!

GLWTS!!

dbeeman

I don't have a dog in this fight but a new one is $2280.00 from clark + reverb and regulator (if you can still get those) so maybe closer 2900 or 3000?????

EDit. i JUST READ op SAID IT SOLD FORE OVER 3k NEW - so never mind my guessing how much the options cost

EelEye

I don't have a dog in this fight but a new one is $2280.00 from clark + reverb and regulator (if you can still get those) so maybe closer 2900 or 3000?????

EDit. i JUST READ op SAID IT SOLD FORE OVER 3k NEW - so never mind my guessing how much the options cost

IIRC, I believe the reverb and regulator options added around $800 to the cost of the amp.

A Tyger with ONLY the reverb option recently sold on ebay for $2,000.

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
very nice amps, and reverb and regulator probably add $800 to the amp price new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics