SOLD: Fender Telecaster, Candy Apple Red, Rosewood Fretboard, Seymour Duncan pickups

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by BlueCajun, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Supporting Member

SOLD: Fender Telecaster
    Candy Apple Red finish with Rosewood Fretboard

This Telecaster started out as a Fender Standard Telecaster. The neck was replaced with rosewood fretboard neck from a Fender Blacktop Tele. Several other upgrades were then made, including a Fender parchment pickguard, Fender Patent Pending bridge plate, Fender compensated brass saddles, Fender American Series strap buttons, Fender top hat switch tip, and Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II pickups.

Here is the complete list of parts:
    - Fender Standard Telecaster body, Candy Apple Red finish. Made in Mexico (MIM)
    - Stock Fender wiring, pots, switch, capacitor, jack, jack plate, control plate, and knobs (these parts are all original to the body)
    - Fender Blacktop Telecaster (MIM) with rosewood fretboard and 22 frets, including tuning machines, nut, string tree, neck plate, and screws
    - Fender Patent Pending bridge
    - Fender compensated brass saddles
    - Fender top hat switch tip
    - Fender parchment pickguard
    - Fender American Series strap buttons
    - Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II Telecaster pickups (models APTR-1 and APRL-1)

In a nutshell, all parts are Fender brand, with the exception of the Seymour Duncan pickups.

Other specs:
    - The complete guitar weights approximately 7.4 lbs per my digital bathroom scale
    - Neck thickness (front to back): 0.868" at the 1st fret and 0.909" at the 12th fret

Guitar is overall in very good condition. There are a few imperfections. I've done my best to photograph them. Of note are: a small, shallow ding on the top of the body between the bridge and strap button (so shallow that it could not be photographed); a small ding on the back of the neck (photographed), a couple of chips on the edge of the headstock (photographed), a few scratches on the neck plate (photographed), a few light scratches on the neck pickup cover, and scuffs/discoloration on the bridge pickup from removing the "Seymour Duncan" logo (photographed).

This is a wonderful Telecaster. It is well balanced, sounds great, and plays great. Please do not hesitate to send me a message if you have any questions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]