Sold Helix...miss it already!

Shades of Blue

Silver Supporting Member
I sold my Helix last week because I was in desperate need of an acoustic guitar.....ok ok, I was gassing for a Martin GPCPA1 Plus haha and needed cash.

My plan was to get either a small combo or an HD500, but I'm really missing it so far. Ive got about $500 cash and am wondering if I should go ahead and get the HD500 or if I should just save a few months for another Helix.

Didn't expect to miss a modeler!!!

Shades of Blue

Silver Supporting Member
I hope you're digging the new Martin at least? Worth the temporary setback?
The Martin is on its way. Had to order one, but I got a killer deal on it...I mean killer!!! I played two locally to make sure, but it's simply an amazing guitar.

I've been looking at a lot of options. I've got an Amplifi TT, and it's ok, I like the sound ok but it's just not practical for anything but noodling around.

Rick Wilson

Gold Supporting Member
I sold my Helix last week because I was in desperate need of an acoustic guitar.....ok ok, I was gassing for a Martin GPCPA1 Plus haha and needed cash.

My plan was to get either a small combo or an HD500, but I'm really missing it so far. Ive got about $500 cash and am wondering if I should go ahead and get the HD500 or if I should just save a few months for another Helix.

Didn't expect to miss a modeler!!!
Save...it's so worth it

Shades of Blue

Silver Supporting Member
Amplifire.
That is an option. I mean, I am a pedal junkie and would like to use external pedals again and I did miss that with the Helix. Using external effects with Helix seemed unnecessary.

I'm intrigued with amplifier, but it seems really confusing to use. Does it record direct, or would I need an interface? How does it work with pedals?

truckin

Silver Supporting Member
Just get an Amplifire used. It works great with pedals however needs an interface to be recorded. The amp tones are fantastic as it uses the same processors found in the Axe (I used to have an Axe Fx II). They are on par if not better.

Semitone

btw, if you're a pedal junkie maybe building a board around a Two Notes Torpedo CAB may be a way to go.

rsm

um, acoustic vs. digital modeler?

IMO: digital modeler. and, it can do acoustic too ;)

IMO

enjoy your acoustic, new Helix are still backordered AFAIK (last I checked). see my thread where we're (or at least I'm) asking DI to make a lower cost Helix derivative. :D

Guitar1969

The Martin is on its way. Had to order one, but I got a killer deal on it...I mean killer!!! I played two locally to make sure, but it's simply an amazing guitar.

I've been looking at a lot of options. I've got an Amplifi TT, and it's ok, I like the sound ok but it's just not practical for anything but noodling around.
I have the cheaper GPCPA4 and love it.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
...as it uses the same processors found in the Axe (I used to have an Axe Fx II). They are on par if not better.
No it doesn't :roll It uses the same 2 processors that are in the Helix and AX8. The Fractal rack units use different, much more powerful processors. Anyway, I think the Amplifire sounds great, but if the OP is used to all a Helix or HD500 can do, it would be a step back.
-
Austin

Trending Topics