**SOLD** Lucky Dog Televangelist guitar. Serial# 000001

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Lucky Dog Guitars, May 10, 2015.

1. Lucky Dog Guitars

Lucky Dog Guitars Supporting Member

I've gotta think a little about the tiltback headstock too.. I like it.. but it is harder to build this way. I've got 4 necks built already with the tilt-back headstock & 1 neck built with a non-tilt-back headstock. I will probably go thru a few minor changes before settling on a go-forward layout

2. rich_chaffins

rich_chaffins Silver Supporting Member

Also, Anthony...looks great, man! Well done.

3. Lucky Dog Guitars

One other update... I just remembered one of the CNC programs I designed has the "countersunk" control plate that sits level with the top of the body (I actually thought of this idea, created the CNC program & cut the prototype LONG before Fender ever released that newer tele with a countersunk control plate. It also has a very fine line buzzed around the perimeter of the top. I may offer that on some of the builds to add a level of uniqueness. I'll post a picture of it in a bit

4. Lucky Dog Guitars

This one is a work in progress that was cut using the other CNC program mentioned above. This body was actually cut several years ago & put on my shelf. I just now got around to messing with it.

(**disclaimer, not a lucky-dog design neck. just stuck this one on here for the pic.***)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  5. Lucky Dog Guitars

And for those of you who prefer to see who you are dealing with. This is me. Anthony Sims. Just a regular guy who lives in Tennessee & loves guitars. I've been playing since I could ride a bike & have played stages from 100 to 100,000. I got frustrated long ago with store bought guitars that didn't play the way I thought they should and all looked the same, that is what spawned my venture in improving, repairing & modifying guitars... as well as building my own guitars. I have a long standing good reputation on Gearpage.

[​IMG]

curlykyle likes this.
  6. Lucky Dog Guitars

Meeting with my machinist next week to discuss the bridge production. It'll be a traditional looking tele ashtray bridge... notched on either side.. but making sure to do something unique. Will post more news as it progresses. I've got a couple neck/body builds already in progress while I'm working on the bridge design too.

7. Lucky Dog Guitars

SOLD! To TGP'r Jazzandmore. I took care of some custom requests for him such as Lollar pickups & some other requests. Hope he enjoys!

8. DonkeyOT

DonkeyOT Member

Need one of your guitars

9. Lucky Dog Guitars

I use Fcebook as my website, there is an official waiting list thread at the top of the page if you visit there. Just add a comment on the post to "add me to the waiting list".... We can work through the details of the build when your number comes up

10. curlykyle

curlykyle Member

How cool Garth Brooks is playing a Lucky Dog. I wish you the best and hopefully can snag one of these Works of Art soon.

Crowder likes this.
  11. Lucky Dog Guitars

Thanks buddy... its an honor for sure to see Garth Brooks playing a Lucky Dog Televangelist