Soldano Astroverb 2x12

lgehrig4

Gold Supporting Member
just curious if anyone had played the 2x12 version of this amp and can compare it to the 1x12?

I had a 1x12 AV and thought it was boxy sounding. I was wondering how much of that boxiness disappears through the 2x12.

mixn4him

Silver Supporting Member
Played a 2x12 Vertical version a long time ago, nothing boxy about that amp...just typical Astroverb bright..

fradubio

I have a head, most recently playing through a JCM 800 4x12 and it sounds fantastic. I think the closed back cab helps. I have a 1x12 with a Greenback in it and use it with the Astroverb. I like it best with the back closed.

FireBottle

Gold Supporting Member
I owned both a 112 and a V 212 in Boa. The 112 was a transitor radio compared to the 212. These are hard to find so if you're able to grab one at a decent price, do it. I ultimately sold both cuz I had a HR50+ and a 212 Soldano cab that served me much better at the time. Plus, I decided that el84s really aren't my cup of tea. The 112 Astroverb was a great 'bedroom/home studio amp' - for me anyway. Now the HR50+ is gone. I currently have HR25 on top of the 212 cab (bought a vertically oriented cab grill from Mike) and LOVE it!

nickcoumbe

Off topic, but....

Which speakers are you using with the HR25?

Often thought about picking up an astroverb.

I owned both a 112 and a V 212 in Boa. The 112 was a transitor radio compared to the 212. These are hard to find so if you're able to grab one at a decent price, do it. I ultimately sold both cuz I had a HR50+ and a 212 Soldano cab that served me much better at the time. Plus, I decided that el84s really aren't my cup of tea. The 112 Astroverb was a great 'bedroom/home studio amp' - for me anyway. Now the HR50+ is gone. I currently have HR25 on top of the 212 cab (bought a vertically oriented cab grill from Mike) and LOVE it![/QUO

FireBottle

Gold Supporting Member
I'm laying around with Creambacks an Scumbacks right now. Creambacks sound great and may stay, but have more try-outs to do...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom