Soldano Experts...Question???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gavin, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

I played a Soldano Reverb-O-Sonic amp yesterday that I'm thinking about picking up but I wanted to do some research (I was very tempted to just walk away with it). I've tried to find this particular amp on the Soldano website, eBay and Gbase with no luck. The one pictured on the website and the ones I saw on ebay were not constructed the same. The major difference was that the one I looked at had top mounted controls and I can only find ones that have front mounted controls. Also, the one I looked at had metal handles on the sides and the only pix I can find have a handle on top. The cab is larger too and looks exactly like the 2x12 extension cabs (metal handles).

I'm wondering if this was a special order with the larger sized 2x12 extension cab to accomodate the extra space needed to top load the amp or maybe it is an older model? Hope my explanation is not confusing? Any ideas?

2. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

I had a 2x12 and the controls were front loaded. But the 4x10 that I saw at a store had the controls top loaded...

Call Soldano, they are very friendly and will answer your questions.

3. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

I sent Soldano an email last night after diving deeper into the bowels of the internet. I can't find a top loaded 2x12 Soldano anywhere.

4. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

A buddy of mine had a Decatone 2x12 combo that was top loaded, so they did make them..

5. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

I was able to find a picture of one on a dealers sight. Not a Reverb-O-Sonic but it did state that you could get the amp front or top mounted so it must be an option. BTW, never received an email back from Soldano.:confused:

6. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Call them, they will answer..

7. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

+1. Or send an email to Bill Sundt. I believe you can reach him at tech@soldano.com or bsundt@soldano.com. They are good folks over there and have helped me many times :AOK