Soldano HR50+ drive multiple cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Sacredgrooves, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Sacredgrooves

Sacredgrooves Member

I have the 2x12 combo version of this amp (50 watts), and it has an output for an extension cabinet. Will this head run the 2x12 combo and another 4x12 cabinet and still retain balls, or would I be spreading the power too thin? I do have a Bad Cat Unleash on the way, so technically I can run the amp at 100 watts if necessary.

The reason I ask is I want to buy another cabinet, and eventually a second head unit of another flavor to power it, but in the meantime I would like to use both for the head I have on tap in a wet/dry configuration. Thanks for the insights!

2. Nelson89

Nelson89 Member

Well seeing as my 15 watt Vox AC15HW could run it's speaker and a 4x12 pretty well i'm going to assume that the Soldano would be able to handle another 4x12 fairly easily, so long as you match the impedance.

3. Sacredgrooves

Sacredgrooves Member

Good to hear, thanks!

4. chrisq206

chrisq206 Member

No problem. I run a couple of cabs with mine. There's plenty of power there and the lows with those are better than most 100 watters. I like Texas Heats and Swamp things with them, if you're looking for something a little different than the V12s. Soldano recommended the Texas Heats to me.

5. Promit

Promit Member

Personally, I find that the point at which power is spread too thin is at about 1 watt per speaker, independent of speaker sensitivity. Maybe 2 watts. So usually it's more about turning the amp up than actually lacking power.

6. Sacredgrooves

Sacredgrooves Member

I really had no idea it takes so little. This opens up more possibilities, thanks for the wisdom everyone!