Soldano in a box??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sid, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Sid

Sid Member

Any distortion/OD that comes close to the sound of Soldano particularly the SLO 100??Its a beautiful amp!!!:RoCkIn

2. This is the Edg

This is the Edg Member

Taken from the Soldano Web Site - The Supercharger G.T.O. is an all tube overdrive pedal which incorporates the same circuitry used in our legendary 100w SUPER LEAD OVERDRIVE. It is essentially the overdrive preamp section of the SLO in a pedal.

3. Sid

Sid Member

and i believe its like 500$

4. Blueser

Blueser Member

I have A/Bed my MI Audio directly with my SLO, and I have to say, you can get damn close. Doesn't have all the magic of the SLO (obviously), but the voice is similar, and the pedal is only $100!!

5. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I had a SLO and sold it. Later I bought a Hot Rod 50+XL, it has a SLO lead channel. It also doesn't sound like a SLO. If you want SLO tone, the only way to get it is to buy a SLO. IMHO

6. lv

lv Supporting Member

Here are a few that will get you in the ballpark... GTO, Crunchbox, Tube Zone, Landgraff MO'D.

7. Sid

Sid Member

hmm thanks guys...

firstly buying a soldano wld be impractical for me so still looking for pedals..

MI Audio seems to be kicking major butt.....I should really check out the TZ....

my only worry is that I am on the list for a Skreddy Screwdriver...dunno how well the TZ stacks or if I also have redundant overdrive territory..