Soldano SLO 30

Just finished chatting to boutique amp disttdistrib about the SLO30 apparently the prototype is face "meltingly" good and I asked about the build quality , birch plywood cabinets and military specs.

Mike always said he wanted greater resources , more speaker options , cabinet options , amp upgrades etc so BAD is probably gonna work well for soldano amps.

suparsonic

There seems to be a crazed frenzy going on with Soldano amps ATM. I think BAD will make much needed improvements and pull Soldano into the 21st Centuary.

blackba

Any idea on the specs and feature set? Very curious how it will compare to the hr25 which I have and love.

I
Don't care how.much lipstick and jewelry. Without the Deyoung 100w tranny's, they'll fall short
Agree it makes the sound . But this day and age there is a lot of options and quality manufacturing going on.

For instance Dr z uses the highest grade M6 laminates in his z plus transformer in parallel single ended . Usually used for super high end hi fi stereo.

I tell you guys what the soldano astroverb is a kickass amp but only the 2x12 the 1x12 is nothing . The reverb works amazing on rock sounds , gets that killer arena feedback sound .

MantraSky

Supporting Member
People have asked Dave Friedman if the BE50 Deluxe could use "100w Transformer" and Dave said Yes, though it would sound like a 100w and not a 50?

Love the original Soldano SLO (I've own a few) now my son is carrying the torch with his :) he also loves the HR25 because of the 5881 power tubes, whereas many use EL84 around the 20w area.
An SLO 30 sounds very interesting.

suparsonic

Don't care how.much lipstick and jewelry. Without the Deyoung 100w tranny's, they'll fall short
Let’s be realistic here, when are you going to crank a 100w valve guitar amp. I have owned four SLOs’ and not once have I cranked one past 4 on the volume into the sweet spot whilst playing live. They are so loud it’s like trying to drive a Ferrari through town. Modern amps are all about getting that sweet spot at a tolerable level.

scotty31

Let’s be realistic here, when are you going to crank a 100w valve guitar amp. I have owned four SLOs’ and not once have I cranked one past 4 on the volume into the sweet spot whilst playing live. They are so loud it’s like trying to drive a Ferrari through town. Modern amps are all about getting that sweet spot at a tolerable level.
I do at home on occasion, for a very brief period.
Ive had it up to 6 on both channels through a quad of EV's.

Honestly, it's still very good around 3.

I
People have asked Dave Friedman if the BE50 Deluxe could use "100w Transformer" and Dave said Yes, though it would sound like a 100w and not a 50?

Love the original Soldano SLO (I've own a few) now my son is carrying the torch with his :) he also loves the HR25 because of the 5881 power tubes, whereas many use EL84 around the 20w area.
An SLO 30 sounds very interesting.
Want the hot rod 25!!!! None for sale anywhere

I
Bloody agree . That's why I don't understand why everyone makes 50 and 100 watt heads . I use a 7 watt Fuchs amps and it blows the tits off most amps

Friedman be50 there ?. I'm thinking about buying one but unsure as I don't use heavy sounds much . Has great features though
Home studio to pro-facility and Live these have worked really well for me, from whisper to ear-bleeding level,

Though I sill like my XTC 100b, 101b. CAA PT100 etc.

JB6464

I'll pass if it's built like the all-in-one cheap ass PCB design like the HR25 even if it sounds decent .
Output Tube Sockets and Everything else mounted to the PCB is a no go for me when paying for a high dollar boutique amp .
And a neutered down pair of 6L6's and iron will not sound anything like a 100w running efficient and singing , that's just a compromise for small gig setups to selling more amps .

If you want the real deal SLO tone get the 100w , if it's to much you can control it many ways all the way down to TV levels .
Here's just one easy way ;
Set amp volume to singing at it's sweet spot (loud) , simply put it on a load , go variable line out on back of amp to Effects , then to a small but powerful amp and done .
Now you get the full raging preamp and power section of the real deal SLO with the effects after the amp like a studio recording and ran at any volume you desire .

MantraSky

Supporting Member
I'll pass if it's built like the all-in-one cheap ass PCB design like the HR25 even if it sounds decent .
Output Tube Sockets and Everything else mounted to the PCB is a no go for me when paying for a high dollar boutique amp .
And a neutered down pair of 6L6's and iron will not sound anything like a 100w running efficient and singing , that's just a compromise for small gig setups to selling more amps .

If you want the real deal SLO tone get the 100w , if it's to much you can control it many ways all the way down to TV levels .
Here's just one easy way ;
Set amp volume to singing at it's sweet spot (loud) , simply put it on a load , go variable line out on back of amp to Effects , then to a small but powerful amp and done .
Now you get the full raging preamp and power section of the real deal SLO with the effects after the amp like a studio recording and ran at any volume you desire .
I really like the way my son’s SLO sounds through my SRL, master-volume around 4-5 then to my audio interface > DAW for recording, it’s got that “Opened up” Power Tube tone, he also uses TAD 6L6WGC-STR instead of the 5881 (nicer complexed tone/overtones) and a mixture of preamp tubes, as the SLO sounds very different with the tubes, cab, guitar etc.

Trending Topics