Soldano SLO Mini SS 30

Family Man

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, I get that. I have retired from gigging, so I don't need a big amp. That said, I bought a CaptorX, and that allows me to play my Boogie turned up, but the output is very low. That is another solution. The third solution is my Quilter, which pretty much sounds the same tonally wherever the master is set. AFA the MicroTerror, it's only about $150, so it's less expensive than the Joyo or the Soldano. It also has an aux in (for an input from my Mac) and a headphone out, which sounds OK. Lots of cool little options now days.

Al
Very cool. Sounds like you have some great options available to you. I'll have to check out the MicroTerror. Rock on in good health!

Hammered

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve been advised not to connect two 8 ohm cabs into the Soldano mini but two 16 ohm cabs are good . My question is can I safely run two 8 ohm cabs using the Radial cab link ? This thing works great connecting two separate cabs to my Splawn Super Sport

1658329431743.png

blackba

Platinum Supporting Member
I’ve been advised not to connect two 8 ohm cabs into the Soldano mini but two 16 ohm cabs are good . My question is can I safely run two 8 ohm cabs using the Radial cab link ? This thing works great connecting two separate cabs to my Splawn Super Sport

View attachment 663737
Use the from amp series jack on the radial to the Soldano and just plug in the two 8ohm cabs. That will give the Soldano a 16ohm load (two 8ohm cabs in series)

You do need 3 speaker cables to do this.

Hammered

Silver Supporting Member
Use the from amp series jack on the radial to the Soldano and just plug in the two 8ohm cabs. That will give the Soldano a 16ohm load (two 8ohm cabs in series)

You do need 3 speaker cables to do this.
Cool thank you for the info and that’s the way I connect it all with my Splawn so I’m good to go . Thanks again

Al Rose

Gold Supporting Member
So I have a 10" ET-10 sitting around needing a home. I thought I might have Tim at TRM Cabinets build me one, but first figured I'd try out my 10" Quilter Blockdock with it's stock speaker. WOW, this sounds pretty rippin'. I have a "guys" weekend, which for me this weekend means I'll be home without adult supervision. Maybe I'll try and record an i-phone clip of some noodling and post.....I am pretty pleasantly surprised, as the cabinet weighs about 18 pounds, the amp 2. Pretty loud at the settings you see. Might keep up with a controlled drummer....might....

I should add there is still some volume from the master left...

Al

Attachments

• Soldano.jpg
    Soldano.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 20

Family Man

Silver Supporting Member
So I have a 10" ET-10 sitting around needing a home. I thought I might have Tim at TRM Cabinets build me one, but first figured I'd try out my 10" Quilter Blockdock with it's stock speaker. WOW, this sounds pretty rippin'. I have a "guys" weekend, which for me this weekend means I'll be home without adult supervision. Maybe I'll try and record an i-phone clip of some noodling and post.....I am pretty pleasantly surprised, as the cabinet weighs about 18 pounds, the amp 2. Pretty loud at the settings you see. Might keep up with a controlled drummer....might....

I should add there is still some volume from the master left...

Al
Sounds like fun. Mine through my 2x10 literally rattled the walls in my basement with the volume on 3. I could see these keeping up with a drummer in the right situation.

Al Rose

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like fun. Mine through my 2x10 literally rattled the walls in my basement with the volume on 3. I could see these keeping up with a drummer in the right situation.
Yeah, the more I play this little thing, understanding it is a small SS amp, the more I'm surprised and like it. Would be cool (and fun) to show up at a jam with the head and the Quilter cabinet. I'm sure laughs would abound until I cranked it up....

Al

Al Rose

Gold Supporting Member
Question - off topic - can I post an mp3 like I posted the picture in this thread, or do I have to use a third party service?

Al

Otome Road

Got mine yesterday and all adorable cuteness and the coolness factor (it has the Soldano name!) aside, two things I noticed right away. Darn, it's loud and unfortunately a bit too fizzy for my taste. Our lead guitar player has the SLO 30 and that's a whole other dimension. So I hooked it up to my amp1 iridium using that as a tube power amp and voila! Way way better! It has the oomph of the siblings and sounds way less fizzy. Using a Keeley comp in front makes it even sound better. It takes pedals real good btw be it in front or in the fx loop. Band practice's on Friday, so we gonna battle it out. And if it's as good as think it is I will use it on our next gig in 3 weeks!

GC Guitar

New user here. I was following the thread because I wanted to get other opinions on this.

I bought it off a whim a few weeks ago and was extremely impressed with how it sounds for such being so tiny and only $250.

Right now I'm running it through a Fender Deluxe 1x12 cab which a Celestion Seventy 80. I'm thinking this is not the right speaker for the sound I'm going for so may switch it out for something else.

One thing I will remark on this is I notice the Master Volume pot is not very linear. It goes from really low to loud right about the time the knob is turned past 2. Thinking may need to switch that out at some point with a smoother transition.

Overall not bad.

Last edited:

Hammered

Silver Supporting Member
I see in the manual and here that the mini can be used as a preamp. How would one go about connecting it to a basic EH Magnum 44 and what might be the benefits using it as a preamp

Has anyone tried running one of these into the return of an AC30?
I normal run mine AC30 into the OX Box for headphones or studio monitor use - love the cab/mic options on it too. Thinking I could run the Soldano Mini into the return. Then when I've got the house to myself I could crank it through the Vox.
Should be ok?

So I received my mini yesterday and had about 30mins playing last night. As it was late I didn't try into into a cab but I tried 2 things.

1. SLO Mini 30 Send -> Quad Cortex Return. Added a Zilla 4x12 cab IR.
2. SLO Mini 30 Send -> AC30 Return -> AC30 to UA OX Box.

Initial thoughts!

Through the QC I thought it sounded good! Without A/B'ing, was very similar to the built in model and also some captures I have. Great to have the flexibility of the Mini settings. Adding some post FX (verb/delay) sounded killer and I was having a blast!

I've seen many comments about putting this into a return of a tube amp and I would have to agree with this. Through the AC30 into the Ox Box sounded EVEN BETTER! I felt like the fizzyness was gone and it felt a lot more punchy and responsive. Really pleased with this setup!

20220815_221600_resized_1.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom