Soldano SLO100 B.A.D news.

Blix

Supporting Member
Tone-Talk with Mike ongoing right now:

-New transformers by Magnetic Compnents, as good or even better than DeYoungs they say.
-New effects loop post MV. With level control. Bypass switch
-Cabs will come with V30's
-Sovtek 5881's
-Channel switch on front panel.
-Price will be less than before. $4k or most likely less according to Dave F.
-Approx ship date, NAMM or earlier. 9-10 weeks possibly.

Sexy peek from inside:

Last edited:

Blix

Supporting Member
If I heard right, you can order them with different speakers if you like.

oneblackened

There are a few other takeaways I had (a lot of the questions were mine, which is neat).

DC preamp heaters for low noise, with relay switching running from the DC heater supply.
Same caps and pots as the Seattle Soldanos. Chassis mounted tube sockets and pots, same as before.
Depth control is now standard.
SLO30 is based on the HR25, but with the full SLO feature set and considerably cheaper than the 100. GTO OD pedal is coming back as a full-on 2 channel tube preamp pedal w/ tonestack.

JB6464

Wonder If they will make regular size 4X12's this time and offer cabs with a rear loaded speaker option .

JackPlug

the whole thing left me cold. Mike seemed relatively detached from the design process, he reiteraded several times he is retired while the guys at B.A.D. are redesigning the amplifier and that Soldano Amplification is closed. He goes sporadically and vets the design but isn't really involved to the point he didn't know many of the details... I don't know if I'd be temped to fork 4 grand for this, need to wait and see.