• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Soldano Surf Box

fattone

I don't mean to let the wind out of you sails but a friend of mine has two of them and they are noisy most of the time. He told me recently that he's finally got one of them quiet in an effects loop with a dumblator type of thing.

Good luck.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
Two of them???? :eek:

I've got the Space Box and I don't find it noisy. It sounds pretty good to me so I'll find out. Worse comes to worse I'll cry.

Jim S

"Your Surf Box case matches your boots."

Reverb is unreal. Smokes my Space Box and 1966 Fender BF Super Reverb.

I'm having some issues which are not 'normal' per Soldano so I'm shipping the unit to them today.
Possibly something got jarred loose on this pre-owned unit.

Jim S

When I got the unit it sounded weird. I replace tubes per Soldano's Bull Sundt's suggestion but still...so off it went to Seattle. Soldano reported a resistor had broken. Bill replaced that and some capacitors that he said could be problematic in the future. After some discussion I asked if he could slow down the speed of the tremelo; he installed a 1/2 speed switch on the front panel so now it can go realllllllly slow which I sometimes enjoy.

It's taken me a while to come to grips with the unit only because I can't believe how much I spent on a reverb tremelo box. You can get a boutique amp head with reverb and tremelo for what this costs. However, they rarely come along (only 80 made for the US) so I jumped at the opporunity when it knocked.

The tone is truly rich and musical and is as good and arguably better than any reverb or tremelo I've heard in an amp and my beloved Demeter Tremulator. Truly a remarkable piece of ear candy.

Shark Diver

I don't mean to let the wind out of you sails but a friend of mine has two of them and they are noisy most of the time. He told me recently that he's finally got one of them quiet in an effects loop with a dumblator type of thing.

Good luck.
I've got one, and it is completely quiet. Maybe he had a bad tube?

Jim your rig rocks!

Jim S

Thanks, guys.

The unit is extremely quiet. Noise has never been an issue.

nicholaslerek

just for the record, I've owned two of these and never had so much as a single burp from either one of them. very quiet and 100% reliable, what you would expect from Soldano. ridiculously expensive but there really is nothing else that compares to the sound. if you can afford one, buy one, you will not regret it.

Jim S

Where were you ? I hade mine for sale here about 3 months ago. Sorry. :)

There is one on Ebay now or there was one for stupid cheap, relatively speaking.
No affiliation.

Trending Topics