• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

soldering 3 wires?

neastguy

so when you have to solder 3 wires together onto a pot or clip.. do you do them all at the same time or add one at a time?

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
As in Strat pickup grounds, I do all 3 at the same time....just looks neater to me.

neastguy

As in Strat pickup grounds, I do all 3 at the same time....just looks neater to me.
yes thanks... I unsoldered all the pickup wires from the switch.. now I'm worried I can get them all back on .. If I have to strip em.. they may not be long enough.. eeek....

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
yes thanks... I unsoldered all the pickup wires from the switch.. now I'm worried I can get them all back on .. If I have to strip em.. they may not be long enough.. eeek....
Oh....on the switch, you'd want to solder them one at a time so you don't cause a short circuit. If needed, you could extend the pickup leads with short pieces of wire and insulating the junction with heat shrink tubing or tape.

neastguy

Oh....on the switch, you'd want to solder them one at a time so you don't cause a short circuit. If needed, you could extend the pickup leads with short pieces of wire and insulating the junction with heat shrink tubing or tape.
Im at work, but from memory it looks like you have your 3 pickup wires that go onto the prongs (whatever you call those things) and then you have your black wires that come from each pickup that get soldered to one spot on the switch.. those need to be soldered one at a time? I screwed up the wiring on this guitar.. I wired the bridge pickup to tone and it worked, then a couple days later it stopped working.. so I opened it up and tried to resolder (everything looked good) anyhow now I'm not getting any sound.... so I decided I'm just going to replace the guts on it .. its an alpha switch.. dunno if that is any good or not...

Trending Topics