Solid Cables-my experience

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fyrwyr, Sep 23, 2008.

1. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

I recieved my Solid Cable a few weeks ago, in a cool dark gray color they call "carbon".

I first used one at the '08 NY Amp Show but didn't get to play it in a good setting-too noisy at the show...

I have a few high end cables already that I like for different applications so I have some reference to compare with.

Everything about the cable screams "cool!" but the thing that really got my attention and made me take the time to write a review is the ridiculously good shielding it has. I play most of the time right in front of my PC monitor and just try to ignore the noise it produces. But when I started using the Solid Cable I immediately notice that with the monitor on the sound was almost identical to when it is off!!! I couldn't believe what I wasn't hearing!!!

The tone I would describe as warm like an Evidence HG Lyric but clearer somewhat like a Zero Cap which has almost no capacitance at all. Very "Open" and detailed.

The feel of this cable is great and leads you to believe you will never need a replacement, very flexable and it has an armor-like covering that is very cool looking as well as tough. Killer looking/feeling plug ends too;)

I figure that these must certainly be one of the best values in high end cables for guitar today.

Bill Compeau

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do, but the tone and the shielding just don't make sense!:AOK

3. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Supporting Member

4. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Did you have the Ultra or the Beta? Sounds like a cable I need to try.

5. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

6. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

The Ultra is what I have-the clearer one. Worth checking out for sure;)

At customguitargear.com:

Solid Cables "Dynamic Arc Ultra" Low Capacitance Cable
    $91.00

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  7. starfish

starfish Member

That's right around the cost of Vovox, Evidence, etc. I'd love to hear how it compares to these since SC is a relative new kid. Is it a high-end sound cable or more a high-end durability cable, or both? Any comparisons?

8. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Both I would say, it has the warmth of the HG Lyric and alot of the clarity of the Zero Cap, very clear but not brittle, I am digging it so far with my guitars and amps sitting in my office;)

9. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Doh, I just noticed that!

Still worth it;)

10. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

I posted before about Solid Cables mentioning that I didn't want to buy into cable hype but they're worth it. Not sorry I spent the money.

11. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

I have a few high end cables, but lately this is the one that is my "go to cable";)