Solidstate amp with Fender blackface tone and reverb

Joeblues27

Looking for a solidstate amp that is super close to the Fender blackface tone and reverb. Just sarted my search,any suggestions? Price range under a 1000.00 prefered.

Joeblues27

Buy a beater Super Reverb
Solid state do not sound at all like Fender blackface.
No solidstate amp is going to truly get that tone,but something close will work. I have a Boss blues cube stage based on a tweed bassman thats close to the bassman tone and I like it. So Im hoping to find something close with the blackface tone and reverb.

Joeblues27

Roland Blues Cube Artist. Stock it's voiced like a Bassman. With the Ultimate Blues Tone Capsule it's voiced like a Super Reverb on the clean channel. I've had one for several years and love it.
Ive considered that option as well,its definitly a great option price wise.

zachhahn

I’d pick up an old Gibson G-30 or even G-20. These are some of the most affordable and underrated SS amps for Fender clean/cleanish sound.

stevel

Fender Mustang. Seriously. Both my sons have them (different sizes) and I have a Twin Reverb. They sound identical. In fact, their Reverb is better as it was likely modelled after a stellar reverb unit at Fender and I seem to have gotten just a "so so" tank.

Soothsayer

(Paul)
Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The new One Control amp is intriguing, thinking about trying it myself.

Trending Topics