Solidstate amp with Fender blackface tone and reverb

Joeblues27

A lot of stores don't have them in stock.
I wonder if they are not in production anymore?
They are in productiion as I understand it. But I read that Japan and Australia are some how getting them. I think that a rep from Sweetwater told me that. I just bought one off ebay,

JCW308

Supporting Member
Fender Mustang. Seriously. Both my sons have them (different sizes) and I have a Twin Reverb. They sound identical. In fact, their Reverb is better as it was likely modelled after a stellar reverb unit at Fender and I seem to have gotten just a "so so" tank.
I was going to say the same thing. Fender Mustang III v2 will definitely do it. I use one every week and it has been the perfect clean pedal platform for over five years now, week after week.

Joeblues27

I was going to say the same thing. Fender Mustang III v2 will definitely do it. I use one every week and it has been the perfect clean pedal platform for over five years now, week after week.
I just ordered a tone capsule for my Blues Cube Stage,if ts not the tone Im looking for I will find a Fender Mustang III vs2. I had one for a few years and traded it for something else,wish I had'nt let it go. Live and learn I guess! Lol

Pedro58

Supporting Member
Ditto.

JCW308

Supporting Member
We've been using the Mustang III v2 as our hidden "backline" (I guess you could call it) amp for five years now at church. Whoever is on electric guitar that week bings their pedalboard and has his own clean preset to go into. Every week we still chuckle about how this cheap little amp just "does it well" with no fuss. Vox guys use the Vox setting. I'm a Fender clean guy so I use the Deluxe Reverb setting. It still to this day sounds incredible. It has a direct out and just works!

Axe-Man

That is a fair endorsement...Lab Systems, able to last 40+ years even if gigged.

I gigged with a Lab L5 from the mid 70's when they first came out until the late 90's. It was a good sounding amp that never let me down once. I went from a 69' Twin Reverb to the L5. Still have the TR and the L5 I gave to a friend who still uses it.

Wyatt Martin

I have a Twin Reverb Reissue and a red stripe Peavey Bandit and at low and medium volumes there isn't that much of a difference in my opinion.

Daytona57

Fender Roc Pro 1000 head, SS, 100W, I use this as a practice amp, saves tubes on my Fender PA 100.

YMMV

jds22

What about the Champion models? There's a 40 and 100.
Played one briefly in a GC a while back and thought it sounded decent especially considering the price.

I liked your playing, but that was a horrible tone and I am a Katana fan. Maybe it was my speaker, but there was a serious lack of body and depth to that patch. If you A/B'd that through a SR you would hear the difference.
Direct it sounds like this yes. Thru the speaker different ballpark. This is my most downloaded patch. Lot of guys use this.....

Trending Topics