Sold SOLOWAY - Redwood Grand Swan

jbp

Silver Supporting Member
Redwood Grand Swan, J308 - SOLD - Thanks, Ross!
  • Rarer than hen's teeth! (Well, almost anyway...)
  • Body: 1 piece flamed Redwood Top, Swamp Ash Back
  • Neck: RW Fingerboard, Maple Neck
  • Fingerstyle Spacing!
  • Upgrades: African Blackwood Bridge (installed by Soloway), Babicz FCH Saddles, Harmonic Design Z-90 in the bridge.
  • Vol- Tone - 3 way. Pull pot (splits the neck pickup) & mini switch (blower switch)
  • Ships with original Soloway soft/hard case
The Blue Swan - Sold - Thanks, Trent!
  • Body: 1 Piece Flamed Maple Top, Swamp Ash Back
  • Neck: Maple FB and Neck. Neck Profile: American Standard
  • Standard String Spacing: 1-11/16"
  • Upgrades: Bill Lawrence/Wilde Microcoil pickups. They suit this guitar VERY well.
  • Note: Saddles are the standard Hipshot steel saddles, not the Babicz FCH saddles in the pics.
  • Vol - 5 way switch
  • Ships with original Soloway soft/hard case

Last edited:

reentune

Silver Supporting Member
So few people realize how fine these are.
They surpass anything in pure clarity and big, fat ringiness.

I have so many Swans, and I still want to get these.

A Fingerstyle Grand Swan for $1.7K? That's just insane.
It's a pinnacle Soloway, imo.
And Anders' blue collection was always full of desirable Soloways. He never skimped.

I still own five of the eight Soloways I've bought (and I really wish I had a sixth that was sacrificed in a trade deal).
They are just so good and like no other instruments out there.

Odd that all jbp's other guitars sold before these, 'cause these are the best of that lot.

Reactions: jbp

jbp

Silver Supporting Member
So few people realize how fine these are.
They surpass anything in pure clarity and big, fat ringiness.

I have so many Swans, and I still want to get these.

A Fingerstyle Grand Swan for $1.7K? That's just insane.
It's a pinnacle Soloway, imo.
And Anders' blue collection was always full of desirable Soloways. He never skimped.

I still own five of the eight Soloways I've bought (and I really wish I had a sixth that was sacrificed in a trade deal).
They are just so good and like no other instruments out there.

Odd that all jbp's other guitars sold before these, 'cause these are the best of that lot.
Yeah, I didn't see this coming either. I'm kinda shocked they're still here....

Oh my word... Such beauties.
I know it's cliche, but....they sound as good as they look.

Last edited:

jbp

Silver Supporting Member
That Grand Swan, though...
That redwood is pure magic. I can see how/why the Ronin team uses the stuff religiously!

I was telling Jim that the ADSR curve on this Grand Swan is amongst the most unique and addictive of all my guitars. It must be the combo of Jim's design and that killer top. Dunno, but whatever the reason, it works.

Last edited:

trent

Can someone please jump on this? I already bought one and can't put it down, and I can't deal with the temptation.

By the way, Joel was awesome to deal with. You know, if the guitar wasn't enough...

Reactions: jbp

jbp

Silver Supporting Member
Can someone please jump on this? I already bought one and can't put it down, and I can't deal with the temptation.

By the way, Joel was awesome to deal with. You know, if the guitar wasn't enough...
"My precious....my precious"

Trent, I warned you about getting bit by the Soloway bug. Alas, there's no cure... ;)

Jim Soloway

I'm a bit surprised to see this one still around. Of all the guitars we built that have been on the market in the last couple years, this is the one I would most want to own myself. If I had the money (and the Canadian dollar was worth more than 77 cents), I probably would have bought it.

jbp

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a bit surprised to see this one still around. Of all the guitars we built that have been on the market in the last couple years, this is the one I would most want to own myself. If I had the money (and the Canadian dollar was worth more than 77 cents), I probably would have bought it.
Straight from the horse's mouth.

(And forgive the metaphor, Jim!)

rosski

How about $1700 Joel? I have been resisting but am even more tempted following Jim's endorsement

jbp

Silver Supporting Member
How about $1700 Joel? I have been resisting but am even more tempted following Jim's endorsement
Alas, it'd be more than $1800 to ship it to Ireland. ;)

But worth every penny and then some.

rosski

I can get my sister in AZ to forward it like last time; I'll keep an eye on the exchange rate and see if I can stretch my budget
Ross

Trending Topics