Soloway Swan, Mystic Blues, Bad Sign

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by abergdahl, Sep 10, 2006.

1. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Late saturday night after a day of woodworking in the cottage. A few beers and some blues. This is the Born Under a Bad Sign backing posted here a while back. USing the Soloway Swan with Vintage Vibe blade pickups and the Mystic Blues (ODS style) amp. First i have OD off for a semi clean neckpickup sound, then i pick soft with neck and bridge and lastly it's bridge PU with OD on. One take... G12-65, SM57
    Mystic Swan Sign

Comments are welcome ;)

2. DamianP

DamianP Member

I like it, all of it.
    Guitar, amp, playing. The whole darn lot!

,Damian.

3. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

BTW, i saw the pics of that guitar you made looks very good indeed.
    Here's a pic of the Swan:
    [​IMG]

And here's the amp (OD was set lower on this clip, drive around 10 o'clock, but volume was higher at 3 o'clock, all other knobs around the same as i the pic) :
    [​IMG]

4. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

Very cool Anders. I love the dynamics and it's always nice to hear a Swan get a bit dirty.

5. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Thanks Jim, and thanks for a great guitar. Played it with the band for the first time this week and it works great for Rock and country. I'm really thrilled with the Swan, much easier to play than most guitars. The long nex almost seems to make strings EASIER to bend :BEER

6. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

I always love to hear hands on reports from our players and I'm thrilled to hear that it's working for you.

Surprisingly, a lot of people seem to find the long scale easier for bending. My own playing is pretty much bend-free, so I'll leave it to the physicists to explain why.

7. Blueser

Blueser Member

Awesome Anders! Jim makes some beautiful stuff. I have to try one of these guitars. I absolutely love the clean clips he made of some of his other stuff!

What kind of pickups is loaded in your Swan?