Soloway + VG88 : Desecration of jazz!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by adamquek, Jun 7, 2005.

1. adamquek

adamquek Member

2. scottl

scottl Member

Adam,

Great job dude. I love hearing cats taking on nice material like this. Keep at it!!!

Scott

3. Marcello

Marcello Member

cool stuff man !

4. hemlock

hemlock Guest

Very nice! The Soloway really complments your playing. I really dug the smoothness and cool top end of Have You Heard with the tortex pick. I wish I had the kind of technique to get those tones.

5. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

Sounds good. Makes me want to buy a VG88.

Nice chords on take 5.

6. adamquek

adamquek Member

Thanks for checking it out man:) I wish I had some kind of technique, period:( I always neglect the important stuff

7. adamquek

adamquek Member

Hey iluvstrats thanks for checking it out :) Yeah the VG88 is plenty cool I'm enjoying it alot more than the GI20 and XV2020 setup I used to have. Granted it is a totally different beast, but I find it much more inspiring and easy to use with my playing style since the problem of trigging wrong MIDI notes (which can happen way too easily.. at least with my playing) doesn't really affect the VG88, except on some of the less dynamic patches (although that's not a MIDI issue).

I've been trying to apply what I learn about chords to jazz standards, trying to keep the motion close so I'm not jumping around all the time on those changes, I feel it gives it a smoother more linear sound.