Some days good, others not

80tiger

Platinum Supporting Member
Pretty much universal, as far as I can tell. I’m taking flugelhorn lessons and my teacher tells me it is. Some days I sound like Mangione. Other days it’s like I never even played the instrument.

Oriondk

Pro
Pretty much universal, as far as I can tell. I’m taking flugelhorn lessons and my teacher tells me it is. Some days I sound like Mangione. Other days it’s like I never even played the instrument.
Probably is common. My swings are wide. Today I was ripping through some pretty decent jazz lines. Other days I sound like I started playing a year ago and my fingers are made of lead.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
It used to be that way for me. Now, the swing is much narrower. It seems like I have good days and very good days, with very few bad days.

Little_Wing

I can relate to this. I find it sleep related. If I don't get a enough sleep then I can't concentrate and my playing suffers. Too much is just as bad, if I'm groggy then I suck just as much. I work evenings so my playing time is in the day. Sometimes i wish i worked in the day so I could play in the evening when I'm more awake and alert rather than pouring coffee down me and trying to prepare my self to play.

The Captain

I get a bit of that.
On the bad days, pull out a sheet of music and play with discipline rather than trying to improv.
Pull out the metronome or just ride a bike instead.

Trending Topics