• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Some disheartening news from 225 Parsons Street

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Platinum Supporting Member
It appears that Heritage Guitars has fired almost half of their employees, fired all their USA salesman.

AND

There were 300 completed instruments in the factory, with minor cosmetic issues.....under the former plant management, those instruments were going to be donated to schools. But since a new set of management has been brought in, all 300 guitars were cut up and thrown in a dumpster!!!

Looks like the corporate machine is rolling in Kalamazoo.

Bitflogger

My first job after college was in a company that did high end contract manufacturing, fixture work, getting the products or parts of others made perfectly. Before that I was in the industrial scrap business. I saw firms with a reputation for making the best never let sub-standard products out there.

Now friends work for a giant in high end sporting goods. They never let any mechanical or finish defect they catch get in the hands of a consumer or even an employee except to destroy or recycle. It's a big part of their having truly elite stuff.

Far closer to Herritage or MI news, in that earlier life I spent time in auto factories. I've done the modern F150 factory tour to compare. You see a big part of the improvements and excellence is from that making sure problems never leave the factory.

Now if they could only make a better looking headstock - sorry if that one offends.

:)

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Silver Supporting Member
Besides not wanting to have flawed product out there, I assume they'd take off the 300 sets of pickups, tuners, and all the other hardware and use most of it in production of new guitars. That's a substantial amount of money invested to just give away, for a company that's trying to survive.

zekmoe

If ever a company had an image issue, it is Heritage.
They represent some good ideas but over the years have not delivered. I live in an area with something like 10 music stores in a reasonable circumference and none carry them. One I know tried and the owner told me they never sold.
I’ve never played a great one despite TGP claiming they’re great.
Their web site was wildly out of date until like 2 years ago.
They should, IMHO, go direct like Keisel does. There’s no room on the racks near Gibson, EpicPhoney, Fender and Ibanez. But they may be able to cultivate a following online if they embrace it.

There were 300 completed instruments in the factory, with minor cosmetic issues.....under the former plant management, those instruments were going to be donated to schools. But since a new set of management has been brought in, all 300 guitars were cut up and thrown in a dumpster!!!
Seems like the NEW management just missed an opportunity for a limited "ROAD WORN" series.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
if they send out inferior products it reflects in their lack of quality control
lots of companies destroy defective merchandise
had they sent the guitars to schools and later on they were sold, think of all the TGP bashing threads there would be knocking Heritage's bad workmanship
even if you mark a guitar as a second, people will still pick it apart and criticize it
As I recall, the gold top PRS that Dave Grissom was enamored with, that became the starting point for the DGT, was a 2nd.

dwk302

While sad, this is a beginning of a big push from Heritage. They got a well funded new backer last year and they have big things in store. Their Guitars at NAMM ‘18 were some of the best at the show.

They’ve also hired Edwin Wilson, who’s a HUGE name in the Guitar industry, particularly the Gibson world. Highly credible/competent. Wilson started and managed Gibson’s Custom Shop until last year. For all the complaints about Gibson, the quality coming out of Gibson CS was consistently outstanding, thanks, in part, to Wilson. He’s been hired to help relaunch the Harmony brand and oversee changes to Heritage. Expect big things out of Parson’s Street.

Last edited:

Trending Topics