Some kind of loop station needed?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ForkrulAssail, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ForkrulAssail

ForkrulAssail Member

Hello, so I got into the problem. I am a lonely player, usually playing just for myself with a guitar or using some backing tracks. Now i want to self accompany. The workflow would be following: sit, record some riff/ progression, add some background chords, maybe add kinda rythmic section (drums or anything else - but no crutial), join everything and have fun playing... 70% of time in headphones, 30% via amp.
    Home usage, don't need fancy stuff. Functionality and mobility is the key. So, where shall I look at?

2. mousepunk

mousepunk Member

Digitech Trio is exactly what you need.

3. ForkrulAssail

ForkrulAssail Member

Over 200 bucks for small limited box? Sounds irrational...

4. mousepunk

mousepunk Member

Maybe Boss RC3 then?

5. celticelk

celticelk Member

Except that literally nothing else does what the Trio does. You said that you wanted to record guitar riffs with the bass and drums, though, and the Trio won't work for that. If you're comfortable starting with the bass-and-drum loops and adding guitar, any of the Digitech or Boss loopers that allow you to add loops via USB would probably work.

6. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

a loop station will not do the job. this needs a bigger sampler for harddiscrecording or a small D.A.W.

maybe i am wrong, but most loop stations give you the option to play one loop and to overdub. some can store and recall the loop or change between loops on the fly. But you have to play all the bars you want in the first take. then overdub...

7. ForkrulAssail

ForkrulAssail Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  8. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

checkout the manuals. i am using the Jamman but in the end its just a practice looper for me. But this is maybe just me because i am used to work on my D.A.W.

the looper is cool for the money... i am just not happy with the sound/tone...

9. ForkrulAssail

ForkrulAssail Member

Wanna sell Jamman?