Some Klon news...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dana, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Dana

Dana Guest

I recently ordered a Klon directly from Bill. He told me he'll be building some of them with gold boxes again in the near future. He also confirmed that the new Klons are built no differently today then they were in the beginning.

I wonder how this will effect the price of the gold Klon's on ebay, if at all.

2. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Member

Interesting. Bill told me he thinks the silver boxes (sans horsey-man) look better. But gold is the original, and of course it's GOLD, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of takers.

3. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

I borrowed a gold one, I have a silver one. Can't tell the difference.

I love the look of the gold box though. But it's the goodies inside that make it RAWK.:JAM

4. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

I didn't know that gold had ever been unavailable. I ordered mine (a gold one) in Feb., and didn't get it till the end of April. 10 agonizing weeks, but worth every bit of it. I am pretty sure I will NEVER sell my Klon.

5. Gotham City Blues

Gotham City Blues Member

You know what the irony is? Merely speculating, but I'll wager the silver boxes are probably going to go up in resale price now. Let's face it, the musical gear industry now has a certain "collectable baseball card" mentality about it.

It's like speculating on the stock market.

6. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

I always thought the Silver boxes looked cooler :jo

7. Gotham City Blues

Gotham City Blues Member

I hear ya Bulldog, but you know how it goes: a piece of gear comes out to wide acclaim, then when something is changed -even a merely cosmetic one- many guitarists (being superstitious creatures of habit) will swear the original to be inherently better. It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction engendered by the whole "Pre-CBS"/ "Pre-Norlin" thing.

Not to digress from the thread, but a lot of us tend to be resistant to change.

8. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

I always thought the Silver boxes kicked ass too... I better get one!

-TJK

9. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

you know what the only way i would get another one was if the horse dude was put back on it.

I thought I wanted the gold, but then I took delivery on the silver, and I really like it. Its pretty bad ass on the board, now if I can just di it justice.

10. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

Silver & Gold both good. I've had both. Including the horsie guy. I like the understated & neolithic appearance of the silver box.

11. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

I think Burl Ives had something to say on this matter

:)

12. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I'm happy w/ my OD units (OCD, SexDrive, BeanoBoost), but how would the Klon sound w/ a Matchless Clubman?

13. Kingpin

Kingpin Member

I have a Klon on order, hopefully coming in the next few weeks. I went with the silver case because I like it's simplicity and getting a gold one would likely take a little longer to get (according to the dealer). I can't wait!

14. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I just recieved an email from bill in regards to a centaur I will be ordering, but now Im trying to decide...Gold or silver?!?!?!...and he said he isnt doing the "horsie" guy anymore cause' to him it doesnt look as good or something like that... Is there a price diff. between the two? if so what is it?

15. Idlewilde

Idlewilde Member

He's been doing both. The price is the same. I like the Silver.

16. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

what is the price exactley? he didnt email me the price but told me to call him tomorrow morning so we can discuss my amp(s) and gear and what I want the pedal to do.

17. kiteflyer

kiteflyer Member

Bill is a good guy and the phone call is a great idea. He spoke to me for quite a while about what I was looking for and whether or not a Klon was a good choice. i think the price depends on shipping, mine was $340

18. Seegs

Seegs Member

for the life of me I can't figure out why but after watching several ebay auctions the Silver Logo'd ones are fetching more than their gold counterparts...which is great news for me:)

Chow,
    Seegs

19. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I hav enever seen a silver logo'd one before...I didnt even know he made them like that. But I figure theyre fetching more for that reason alone... Not many people knew that he made them and thus not many were made. I think im going to go with the silver one, just cause' itll go better with all my toneczar stuff when it arrives, lol.

20. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

Killer. Bitchin. Awesome. Just a couple descriptors that come to my mind. If you can run your Clubman just hot enough to get it to start to break up on it's own and then slam the front end with the Klon, you are likely to be a very happy man, IMHO. I love mine, and no, it's not the honeymoon talking. Simply killer.