Some live footage with Swallow Nussbaum and Gwilym....

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by mike walker, May 18, 2011.

1. mike walker

mike walker Member

Cheers Brian. Getting there. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    I gave a CD to the soundguy in Manchester to pass on to your lad to pass onto you.
    Hope ya got that.

What Batman really wanted to say!! Thanks, James.

Cheers Rhino. Slowly but surely tour wise. BPM is down but i'm working on it, carefully.

Longest 8 months, cp. Not a single gig and geetar locked away.
    So important to take your time when ya getting back in.

Thanks, bud.

2. RichardB

RichardB Senior Member

Mike,
    very sorry to hear about the injury. For somebody like you, not being able to play would be like losing a good part of the reason to live....But I suspect this enforced separation will allow some other air into your life that will have surprised you...at least I hope so.

BTW, I found this vid about 2 weeks ago and have been meaning to post it here, but the website it's on is a bit glitchy - there are 2 vids and one doesn't work....but I digress:

That tune is pure beauty. Guitar solo, guitar schmolo, who cares (even though is was great)...the TUNE and the band sound is pure beauty....I love the assymetric form on the blowing, keeps the form circling, and that pedal point figure: pure beauty

3. icarusi

icarusi Member

Fine thanks Mike. IIRC MacOS stuff is really Unix under the hood so a Unix or Linux searcher/finder would be needed, even if the data is well deleted (assuming you or the program did a 'save' at some stage), so long as you don't use the hardrive again til the data has been found (only to avoid overwriting where the data may be), assuming the data is worth more than hardrive.

BTW I was thinking a Blackberry style text inputter may be handy for some RSI-type problems, thinking they didn't exist, but I was in Maplin's today and spotted 2 different types. One was a 'sideways' phone type, bluetooth, intended for tablets. The other was like shrunk Kindle/ big Blackberry, wireless, with a multi-touch/function scroll pad where the screen would be. No good if your thumbs are kaput though.

4. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

Killer track Mike!! Like Carltone, I really been digging your Madhouse cd. I love the funky 335 jazzed blues lines. I definitely need to pickup the new disc as well. Anyone else notice Mike's strong resemblence to another well known jazz guitarist? ;) Maybe it justs the beard and guitar face. Great suff Mike.

5. dsw67

dsw67 Supporting Member

Thank you for sharing. That was so good. Made me very happy.

6. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Mike, can't you find anyone good to play with?

Seriously, you and the band are so good it's just ridiculous. Makes me want to go back to just listening to music and not playing cuz this is just on another planet.

What's wrong with your health? I hope it's not a back problem?

7. jzucker

P.S.

I'm definitely buying the CD. Let me know when it's out.

8. Neer

Neer Supporting Member

Fantastic playing, Mike--so fluid. Hope you are on a quick road to recovery.

I've always loved the rhythm section of Swallow and Nussbaum. Adam is such a powerhouse, full of energy, and Swallow always plays the perfect bass lines and just keeps getting better in my opinion. What a luscious sound, too. The piano player was also very nice.

9. Desert Blues

Desert Blues Member

hope you get well soon Mike!

all the best
    Ramon

10. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

yeah mikey!!! this is the hippest **** ever posted on tgp! y'all were killing it. nice tune too- kinda reminded me a little of keith jarrett's "personal mountains". thanks for posting and let us know when the cd is out. i hope you're feeling better too btw.

jack

p.s. i can't watch swallow's right hand for too long. his picking technique totally trips me out! hahaha

11. mike walker

mike walker Member

Thanks Richard. Arm coming on slowly. Pushing the BPM delicately a notch every few days. Seems to be working with no adverse affects.

I have been digging Italian this last 8 months. Thought I better do summat constructive. Bellisimo.

Glad ya like the tune. Like Dad logic i wanted to write a set of changes that made sense to the ear but were not conventional in the form.

How do ya find these vids b4 I do??!! I don't even know what the other tune is. It just won't stream.

Album out 6th June and it's just called 'The Impossible Gentlemen'.

Cheers again, amigo.

12. mike walker

mike walker Member

Right, I'm checkin' that D.

Thanks, man.

13. mike walker

mike walker Member

Cheers Sheldon. John Mayer? Drives me nuts I can tell ya. The ladies dustin me down 'nall. Never get a minutes peace!!!

Which makes me very happy. Thanks you.

14. mike walker

mike walker Member

Thanks, Jack. RSI, but a deep dose. Back is good and strong, thank goodness.
    The main problem is loving playing. Rushing the convalescing. Back to square one stuff. Drove me insane.
    Plus I was wrongly diagnosed. lost 3 months coz of that. 8 months in all and i'm still in recovery.

Ya can get it/read about it here http://www.jazzcds.co.uk/artist_id_1283/cd_id_1730

15. jzucker

will you have a USA distributor for the CD or will it be available via amazon/emusic, etc?

16. ivers

ivers Member

Wow. You guys sound fantastic together, and it's such a nice melody and groove to the tune too.

Thanks for sharing your music, and good luck with the recovery!

17. mike walker

mike walker Member

Yes I think there is, Jack. Might be an idea to wait till that's confirmed, but i'm pretty sure there is. I did Madhouse myself, but this one is under the wing of Basho records. I'll let ya know for sure.

18. tomnottom

tomnottom Member

:) Glad you are on the mend! Still listen to "Madhouse" weekly.

19. DøøG

DøøG Member

Hey, that was great! Great playin by everyone around, really cool @#$% fer sure....

Ouch, RSI! Well, I'm glad you didn't burn your house down or something....;)

I'm no stranger to that kind of stuff, being a Photoshop guy, many long hours at the screen without taking a break (up to 14 sometimes), I get all sorts of neck/wrist issues and really have to be concious of repetitive motions, posture, etc. I get all sorts of weird pain in the strangest places relating to the neck/posture thing. I see a chiropractor regularly and it helps a great deal. Fighting tennis elbow now in my right arm which hinders my playing a bit, I really have to watch it......

Hope you are well for the tour, I'll have to keep a watch for the CD, great stuff, Mike....

20. mike walker

mike walker Member

Thanks, Mike. It's a good group for sure, on and off the stage.
    Was a sound I heard in my head first. It was a thrill when it came together and sounded like itself from the word go.

Cheers RG. At the Pizza in June if you're around, mate.

Cheers, Jack. He used to use copper picks but changed a few years back.
    Love his sound. And ditto on watching his right hand. It just should not work. It does, and then some.