some namm '08 photos

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by teefus, Jan 21, 2008.

1. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

2. Ogre

Ogre Member

Cool Collings mandolins and of course, uh, the girls.:cool:

3. Grant S.

Grant S. Member

Nice pictures Craig, thanks!

I really like that Earthen Maple Studio...gorgeous without being too "fancy."

4. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

Did anyone see Howard Leese of Heart & Paul Rodgers. He usually goes with PRS.

5. stephax

stephax Member

Thanks for sharing !

6. jlf2960

jlf2960 Member

Peavey Vypyr looks interesting...

[​IMG]

7. nasonm

nasonm Supporting Member

If that Peavey could talk, it would say "I'M BATMAN!"

8. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

Or "no, really...I'm much different than a Spider..."

9. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

That ill fitting plastic fascia is just plain tacky!

10. teefus

the pv modeling amp had some crazy led's bouncing around the knobs. very distracting. they had a metal head/cookie monster guitar player demoing it. sounded, well, metally. i heard from a friend in the industry that bogner was going to have line 6 build an all tube, bogner branded amp for them off shore and sell it for at or under $1k.

11. teefus

there are a ton of other pics on the hamer museum under mobster's link. check them out.
    some thoughts on namm after a few days........
    james demeter was a super guy and his pedals (trem, comp, new double trem, double "d" drive, reverb, etc) sounded fantastic. his tga inverter 2.1 amps sounded great too.
    the eventide hinted at other -factor style pedals to come. maybe a reverb? whatever, put me down for one.
    tried the rivera venus 6 in their sound booth. what a huge sounding amp. capable of some wonderful, lush clean sounds and downright thick overdrive sounds. the gain can get up there. probably a little more than my old bm60 head. it comes in a 10" or 12" combo. nice idea.
    lehle had some new pedals and updates to some existing pedals. programmable switching options on quite a few of the a/b/c and looper style pedals. nice.
    there was a new seymour duncan pickup that really caught my friend's eye. it is a p-90 and a single rail style pickup in one in a humbucker sized pickup.
    nik huber had some fantastic guitars. very beautiful woods and very well put together. vegasgreg took possession of his blue orca at the show and it was nothing short of spectacular.
    there were a couple of new hughes and kettner amps on display. el84 based (duos and quartets). they sounded pretty good. seems like they had transformer based pi's but i didn't get a chance to verify.
    i was in the marshall sound booth when someone was demoing the randy rhoads amp. very, very loud. no master, 2 jumpered inputs. sounded pretty thick but really, really loud.
    more to come as i remember it.

12. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

I didn't know what to call it...tacky is a good word. :)
    It looks cheap!

13. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

IS that the new Peavey "Batman"?

14. davidp158

davidp158 Member

Peavey gear has always been an eyesore for me, from their spikey logo to the knobs and faceplates on their electronics. I think their guitars and basses have made huge improvements, but otherwise, Peavey would do well to hire some industrial designers. I've owned a few pieces of Peavey gear (many years ago), and it was OK for the price, but I rarely glance in their direction these days. No offense intended, as "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder and all that...

dp

15. brentrocks

brentrocks Guitar Hack/Player Gold Supporting Member

thanks for sharing...great pics...love the heritage shot!!!!

16. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Love those Huber guitars and those Ritter basses!

17. teefus

our group had dinner with nik huber and jens ritter wednesday evening. very talented and nice individuals. it was amazing how fast the high dollar stuff was spoken for.

18. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

The Hubers did look nice and all said sold....Never got to play one:(

19. meangene

meangene Member

Musicians Friend already has the Bogner Line 6 in stock and shipping like $799 or $1K with a foot pedal. The online demos are pretty ripping, I also hear a local dealer to me has a head in stock as well as the combo, may have to go check it out. Reliable picky source says a hands on test drive really impressed him. I would have to think they had them on display at the Line 6 booth but I unfortunately didnt make the trip this year.

20. teefus

these aren't the spider valves that have been out for a while. this is a new thing branded bogner, but manufactured by line 6. it is not supposed to have line 6's name on it at all from what i understand. all tube and no modeling except for maybe some fx. i stopped by the line 6 room but it was more like a dealer meeting area. they did not have a display booth.