Some Native questions

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Pastafarian, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:43 PM.

1. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Member

Going to download the trial and buy it if it beats Amplitube 4 for me. I know most or all of these answers are here somewhere but searching for each answer is a pain and my search skills suck, so hopefully a Native user or someone can answer them.

Do you have to pay for updates?

Anyone using an FCB1010 with Native? If so..thoughts? Tips?

I know snapshots aren't available yet but is there a mode that will make fx more visible for on/off?

Are fx on/off states already very visible for say looking at it on a 15" laptop screen from 2ft away with bad eyes?

I am going to use it mainly for live work so..anyone here doing that? Thoughts?

Crazy one here.. Variax 500> XT Live> MIDI to Interface>PC.. possible? and if so..

XT Live as MIDI Controller possible?

Thats it for now. Any info is greatly appreciated.

2. rezidentura

rezidentura Member

I don’t own native had the trial but never got around to foot control. So far updates are free line 6 usually doesn’t charge for these things. You won’t be able to control midi over usb. So you’ll need a usb midi cable for that As for pc as long as you have asio4all should be low latency. My guess is native live should work fine with you4 current setup. I have no idea if you will be able to control the variax with helix native.

Pastafarian likes this.
  3. pelaomedinaese

pelaomedinaese Member

snapshots wil be available in the next update

Pastafarian likes this.
  4. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Supporting Member

Updates are free just like rest of Helix platform. I thought you had hardware Helix? This all seems like a royal pain and not huge cost savings.

Pastafarian likes this.
  5. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Member

I had the LT. Dont really wanna go into why I sold it but it was legit. I just put together a laptop rig with AT4 and it works good. Just got curious as to how close the VST would be to the real thing.

rsm likes this.
  6. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Member

Yeah I have heard it's a couple months away but a definite.

7. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

If you're gain staging is right, it's spot on. I say that based on running through my HX and through the same preset in Native using the HX as my interface.

8. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

I believe - algorithms being the same - that it sounds identical provided it's fed with the same signal and sees (electrically speaking) the same output.
    Of course, the big discriminating factor is the sound interface (for both Input and Output): input impedance perspectively being, IMO, the most critical factor.

9. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy Supporting Member

I have tested it and this is the case.