Some of the better improv I’ve done

TL;DR

Sounds melancholy, but in an oddly uplifting way. :phones
I like the tone you got one this one, almsot sounds like a fuzz with the guitars volume rolled back.
You know, that’s exactly what it sounds likes. Good call and thanks for your kindness!
:beer
I think the tone works really well actually. This is some great playing!
thank you sir!!
Dude, you sound great!
You are a kind young man, thanks!
Very nice indeed
Thank you!

Good stuff. Makes me want to add a black strat to the collection.
Thanks for the listen. I’ve been beating the crap out of that thing for 31 years now:(
Agreed.

I had a black strat for many years and they seem to grab notes other strats can't.
You are as wise as you are kind
:bow

asintoras

Just by listening to it I would say it's pretty good, and with a very good sense of melody. But for being an improv, it's really great!!
Well done!

mikefair

Very nice. That's what I want my Strat to sound like (but can never seem to make it happen). Could you share your tone secrets?

bainmack

i didnt mind the extra fizz. I think a little hair worked well on this track. great tune! It's got a nice uplifting feel :)

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Silver Supporting Member
Very cool. I had to replace my black 94 Strat pickups twice to get that kind of sound. I have a set of DiMarzio Area 58 and 61, and a set of Fralin Split Rails, both get me well into Strat territory, after the Fender Noiseless didnt' quite cut it for me. But Im not as melodic as you are!

TL;DR

Very cool. I had to replace my black 94 Strat pickups twice to get that kind of sound. I have a set of DiMarzio Area 58 and 61, and a set of Fralin Split Rails, both get me well into Strat territory, after the Fender Noiseless didnt' quite cut it for me. But Im not as melodic as you are!
If by “melodic” you mean “old and slow”, then you are right on!
Thanks for the listen!
Just by listening to it I would say it's pretty good, and with a very good sense of melody. But for being an improv, it's really great!!
Well done!
That means a lot, from a guy who plays like you! Thanks for the kind words!

Feelin' it man!!!
See above!
Very nice. That's what I want my Strat to sound like (but can never seem to make it happen). Could you share your tone secrets?
Thanks!!
My tone is your tone! That’s an 88 AVRI alder body with a ‘94 MIA neck. Wilkinson bridge.
The bridge pickup is a Torres “blues” single coil (5% overwound maybe?) with a steel base plate. From there straight into my Ethos TWE-1 (which is “always on” these days), and into the distortion channel of my Ethos Overdeive preamp with the channel gain super low. Then thru an iRig and into GarageBand. Some delay and reverb, as well as a bit of “post production” compression added.
i didnt mind the extra fizz. I think a little hair worked well on this track. great tune! It's got a nice uplifting feel :)
Thanks BM!! I’m patiently waiting for your next original song!!