1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Some orginal Funky Rockin Blues, What do you think?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Guitar Slinger6, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

2. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

I listened to it three times.

Did you record everything yourself? Drums. . .Guitar. . .Bass. . .Vocals.

Nice funky tune. Bass lick kind of reminds me of the 70's funk tunes.

Guitar sounds nice too.

Good playing all the way around.

3. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

I luved all of it bro ...
    One of the things I liked the best was the relaxed, almost behind the beat feel of the groove ...

Good work from evey angle ...
    Could totally hear that in a biker's bar ... packing the dance floor with leather and beer shakin' ...

4. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Thanks Rusty for listening and posting. Yep, I did it all including programing the drum machine on the BR1600. I dig the old funk tunes so I took that big thump and borrowed it. I am glad you enjoyed it, I did it for fun and it was. I was a little out of water with the guitar on this, it has been a long time since I played that kind of style, wanted to do a tip of the hat to some of my earlier influences. Thanks again for listening and posting, I greatly appreciate it.

5. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Well it was fun anyway, I like the groove. I did not write this with a biker bar in mind but ok, I am good with that. This is kind of a look back at my SRV, Johnny Winter days, and I played a lot of this kind of stuff back then in a lot of bars. I have lost some speed and I am pretty stiff on this stuff now, but it is still fun. Thanks for listening, I always appreciate your input brother Joseph. I will be getting back to my usual R&B stuff now:D

6. DavidG

DavidG Member

Could of fooled me.:D Didn't sound too stiff to me bro. I liked your vocals too, if that was you. Good stuff.:phones

7. BarneyFife

BarneyFife Supporting Member

After listening to your previous clips, I had you pegged as a Jazzer. But, you've got a little boogie woogie in you too!

Nice Job!

8. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

Yeah Slinger...enjoyed it.:BEER

9. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Thank you so very much, I think I am going to redo the lead. It is bothering me bad. Yep, it was me singing. I don't think of my self as a singer, but by elemination (nobody else around) I had no choice. Thank you for listening and posting, thank you very much.

10. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

I am more of an R&B kind of guy, but at one time I was very much a rockin Blues guy. Thanks for listening and posting.

11. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Code:

Thanks Andy, I really appreciate you listening and posting. I am real happy you enjoyed it, I think I am going to redo the lead and clean the sound and playing up a bit. Your newest post is KICKIN!!!

:BEER

12. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

dude i dig it. the vocal is perfect.the lead tone is a bit harsh. nothing wrong with your playing.

13. ChmpgnSupernover

ChmpgnSupernover Member

Amazin bro! Teach me the ways!!

14. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Everyone seems to like the vocals, that is a good thing, I always worry about my voice. Yeah the lead tone needs a rework, the whole lead needs to be redone. I will be reworking it and getting right. I wil repost when i do. Thanks for the listen and post, and kind words.

15. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Thank you for listening and posting, I am happy you enjoyed it. This at one time was my staple style, that was a long time ago. I will be redoing the lead work to get it a little tighter and the tone where it should be. But it was really fun to do this little project. Thanks again for the kind words.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  16. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Wow ... you can really sing ya know ...
    You're a hell of a talented one ....

17. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

I don't really think of myself as a singer, but everyone seems to like my voice. I appreciate the compliment it really does mean a lot. Thank you Bro.

18. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

I forgot to mention for those who may be interested, this is the song that I had posted about in the Pub that I dreamt on my first day of vacation. I woke up Sunday morning dreaming this song and decided to record it, I called it my Sunday Theme Music. I put on hold my other orginals while I waited for my new amp,it seemed like the thing to do. Just a foot note I forgot to mention, thanks for all the post and comments. :)

Here was the link.
    Have you ever recorded a song you've heard in your sleep?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  19. Chili

Chili Member

I am totally hooked on "Vacation Ends" as well as "Let's Ride". I loved "Amazing Grace" as well as "And I" although "A. G." was my favorite. These two new ones have now taken top spot with me. I have a feeling with each new post, I will be pushing my favorites down only to be replaced with what comes next. It's all great stuff, but with each new song, I end up with a new favorite. You're going to be difficult to choose an "actual" favorite from. How many "favorites" is one actually allowed to have? I can actually feel your meloncoloy about your vacation ending and the knowledge of "It's time to go back and get back to business" in "Vacation Ends" I feel your pain and sadness. Wonderful expression of your emotion!!! Keep them coming, anxiously awaiting your new arrival!

20. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Wow! Thanks Chili. I will do have a few more that are awaiting recording, they are back to what I normally do. I appreciate your appreciation for my music, that means a lot. Again thank you! I promise I will go back and fix the lead.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008