• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Some Strats have 7 strings (please don't flame me!)

jrf

I damaged my usual 6 string Strat, so I've had to use this 7 string I bought on a whim a few years ago. It's been a lifesaver. And yes, I do use the low B in a few other sections. This is just a teaser; the full video is being edited by the keyboardist.

Dream Theater content.

jrf

Here's the full track, produced by the keyboardist!
We did take some creative license, but I think in these strange times, almost anything goes.

CanserDYI

7 Strings are for men. Good good, let it flow through you and permeate your spirit.

EDIT: Also, why are your guitar tracks so painfully quiet in the mix? The only thing that really popped out was the leads, you played it very well, just wish it was louder! I think the keyboard unfortunately kinda drowned out the guitars! But great playing.

jrf

To be honest, I actually requested for softer rhythm guitars to let the keyboards pop out more. It does make the mix sound less heavy though. But thank you!

jrf

Here's a guitar only perspective, which makes it easier to see where I used the 7 string to underline chords in a few parts.

TopJimmy5150

Good job! That guitar sounds great. I've never bonded with a 7 string, but this has me thinking I shoud try.

jrf

Thanks! I find the extra string to be a useful tool to explore different chord voicings (such as here), and not just limited to low djent-y stuff. And it doesn't drastically affect the ergonomics of a guitar compared to a 6. You should try it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom