Some Subtle Fuchs Tone

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Carl_Tone, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

2. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

RC-BOOSTER:
    These tools into the clean channel and you've got another amp with considerably softer pick attack quality.
    I hear a kind of mellowness that is close to the 335 thing...is that what you hear?

http://www.atozcleen.com/Media/DriveClean.mp3:crazyguy

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. garyh

garyh Member

Nice playing Greg. Real tasty and smooth.

4. hottub

hottub Member

I like that! great idea to use the RC that way.

5. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

Thanks Hottub...here's a little more on the settings,

Moderate gain / slight volume boost on the pedal, switcheed around between 2nd & 3rd p/u positions when I recorded...this mahogany guitar is on the dark side though...

slight roll off at the guitar vol & tone with classic pickups like mine.

With hotter pickups you could slightly roll off tone and roll vol down to the 3-5 range, clean channel with amp gain between 50 & 75%. Or more if you like...because you don't want to push the pedal too hard...it'll give you noise if you do. So push the amp gain first, then use the pedal to create a little hair on the notes.

Of course you'll bring the guitar vol. up when you need the reserve power for solos.

YMMV based on your willingness / ability to play these games and tubes used...but really sweet when you get it dialed in...

It's like learning a new amp...but alot cheaper...and you can get alot of smooth tones!

If you guys try this...please post results...I'd like to find out what other tones are coming out...besides this one...I don't have a tubescreamer, but that is a thought too.