Some tracks I did with my Diamond amp

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by GtrWiz, Jun 6, 2008.

1. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

On my myspace page check out the solos from September's Gone, and By Your Side. I used it on rhythm tracks for a couple of songs that aren't up yet...

2. bilbal

bilbal Member

I have been listening to a lot of member supplied music lately. I have really been enjoying it. It seems that for far too long, I listened only to established musicians and frankly I have become bored with a lot it. The Myspace sites and uploads to TGP I have found lately have been really good and I find myself listening to them more and more.

Gtrwiz: Your stuff is killer. The solo (as you directed us to) in September's Gone is great. I have been interested in the Diamond Amps series since I became aware of them. If that's what they sound like, I am extremely interested in them now. Great playing and writing on top of the killer tone dude. Thanks for the link and good luck!!!!!

Bill

3. Ritualee

Ritualee Supporting Member

Chris,

Sounds great. Man, the production just kills me. I love the back and forth vocal sounds on the chorus of September's Gone. And a completely rippin' solo, too.

I really like Move On, too. That might be my favorite. Your vocal sounds so exactly right for that song. But it's all really impressive. Great job.

Lee

4. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

thanks guys!

5. Shiny McShine

Shiny McShine Member

6. hottub

hottub Member

Chris
    excellent stuff! nice lyrics and vocals. production quality is very nice too. enjoyed the guitar tones !! :)

7. scottl

scottl Member

Nice tracks Chris! Solos were killing too. Excellent tones and feel.

8. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Thanks Bill, yeah man I really like the Diamonds. I'm friends with Martin, the designer, so I've gotten to hear the whole line, and I really think they're on to something!

That was done with my amp as a Spec-Op, but I kinda had to work to get that tone. The Spec is a very aggressive amp. I had him change it over to Phantom specs, and I like it much better. Basically the same as what you hear on these tracks, just don't have to tweak so much to get it...

9. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

I'm kinda the default producer, so thanks, I just tried to hire guys that I knew were good and get out of their way!

Vocals were tough for me, but I found a great engineer who really liked my tunes, and wasn't going to let me leave his studio until it was right... I'm very thankful. It's kinda funny cause, Move On started as this softer spacey tune, and I recorded the vocals just listening to the acoustics, then the vocals made me want bigger guitars.

10. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Thanks guys, over the years I've played everything from hip-hop (urban, not metal) to country and when I decided to make a record of my own, I didn't have a clue about direction. I thought it was going to be like a Satriani thing, but then words started popping into the melodies.
    At that point, I made a decision to sit down with a friend of mine who is a serious lyricist, he helped me refine the lyrics and turn them into real songs.
    I just really didn't want to make another guitar record with OK lyrics and vocals, like so many of my heroes...

11. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

That's quite a compliment Scott, I've really enjoyed your playing too!

So, are you gonna do a record sometime?

12. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

Nice tone and playing bro.

13. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

:agree with these guys .... Really enjoyed your work here ...
    You're truly a real pro ...

14. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Hey Buddy how are you doing. The music sounds GREAT. I like your smooth singing too Chris. Was this done at Ken's studio in Austin? Did Ken guest on any of the tracks? Looks like you've been working on cool stuff. We opened up for Chris Cagle in Laredo about a couple of weeks ago,and I had a good long talk with John Carroll you're replacement in Cory's band. He's been talking with Doug Sewell about picking up one of his amps.I'm still trying to get up to Austin to go check out Ken's studio,and hopefully I can get there when were not gigging and Kevin is off for a weekend. Anyway, I really like the stuff you doing Chris. Keep up the great music.:D

15. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

None of the recording was done at (my brother) Ken's place, but he did play on everything. I flew him to LA for the tracking, one 3 hour rehearsal, and 2 1/2 days of tracking, and we got the bass and drums for 12 songs.

Actually, I'm moving to Austin in August. We've got kids, and LA isn't the place we want them growing up. I've experienced LA enough for me, and if I wanna visit, I have plenty of friends I can stay with, or borrow gear from if I want to do a gig... So, we'll hook up soon for a drink or two. :drink

edit: I used a Sewell Texaplex 25 for a LOT of the rhythm tracks...

16. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

thanks my friend! :bow

17. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

That's so cool Chris. I'm glad you're moving to Austin. Maybe I can run into you if I EVER get to visit Ken's studio. That Sewell sounded great. Who knows what will happen, you might end up in Kevin's band and we'll gig together and have MORE that a couple of drinks.:D

18. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

Dug the songwriting, playing, and production. Very professional.

Thanksfor posting.