Some YouTube Tutorials I did -maybe useful for you?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Cary Chilton, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Basically one vid is one hand strength and stretch methods

Next, more into guitar, the all important basics that I keep going back to now more than ever. Basically my 2 most used picking techniques and a demo on how they differ in tone on my cheap acoustic. Even though the strings were starting to rust and my recording quality is only as good as the old digital camera - I think you can hear the difference. Had I recorded it much better, say with a royer 121 ribbon, you would hear a much bigger difference.

Maybe both vids are beginner level, but check them out, maybe you will like them or utterly hate them.... I don't care, if they help one person, I am happy. ;)

http://tw.youtube.com/user/carychilton

second vid should be processed soon.... ;)

2. Cary Chilton

3. Noah

Noah Member

Cool vid. Good explanations for the various pick techniques you were using. It might be nice to hear a bit more of you playing! :)

p.s. Are you in Kaoshiung? I worked for TSMC in Tainan and Hsinchu for several years. I never thought I'd say it, but I actually miss Taiwan.

4. Cary Chilton

Hi, yes I am Kaohsiung. For others : that's ( gao xiong) or Chinese for idiots style : gow shh-young.

I plan to make a couple more. Next one probably will be on some of my insights, ammendments to the already close to perfect transcription of Eruption by Peter Thorn.