Someone stole my pics and is advertising my guitar on eBay

Andrizzle

So, I have a Gretsch 6120 DSW that is currently sold pending payment from the buyer. The guy that is buying it from me noticed this morning that someone had posted one on ebay with MY PICTURES. I have since reported the item, but has anyone else ever had this problem, and if so, is there anything else I can do? Within the "report item" function all you can give are generic (drop-down style) answers to their questions and categories.

Here is a link to the eBay ad... Feel free to report it as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131114416421

Thanks!

eBayfreak

Yes, had it happen. Just had to report it as you did, and that's about all you can do. It's very frustrating, to say the least.

You can always use watermarks in the future, but it's quite a bit of trouble.

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
I gotta tell this story again because it's just too @#$%ing funny. I had Joe Driskill build me a custom guitar about 13/14 years ago. He posted photos of it on his site. Some douchebag-thief decides to auction my guitar and links to the photos on Joe's site (rather than downloading them and and then uploading them to eBay).

So when Joe and I become aware of what's going on, Joe takes the filenames of all the photos on his site that the thief is linking too and replaces the original photos with completely absurd photos and graphics using the same filenames; stuff like hyenas humping, "little people" dancing around Stonehenge (from Spinal tap), and graphics that say stuff like, "I'm a gay thief--don't buy - stolen guitar", "I'm a dirty slut", etc. Oh god it was funnier than hell!!! The idiot never caught on and let the auction run, with the new photos and all...I still crack up just thinking about how perfect Joe's response was. hahahha!!

scottlr

A guy I know did the same thing, but he put up a picture of obese naked ladies all piled up. It was a hoot.

CharlyG

Play It Forward
Silver Supporting Member
As long as you dont ship it to the buyer, yer ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Forum Runner

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
I gotta tell this story again because it's just too @#$%ing funny. I had Joe Driskill build me a custom guitar about 13/14 years ago. He posted photos of it on his site. Some douchebag-thief decides to auction my guitar and links to the photos on Joe's site (rather than downloading them and and then uploading them to eBay).

So when Joe and I become aware of what's going on, Joe takes the filenames of all the photos on his site that the thief is linking too and replaces the original photos with completely absurd photos and graphics using the same filenames; stuff like hyenas humping, "little people" dancing around Stonehenge (from Spinal tap), and graphics that say stuff like, "I'm a gay thief--don't buy - stolen guitar", "I'm a dirty slut", etc. Oh god it was funnier than hell!!! The idiot never caught on and let the auction run, with the new photos and all...I still crack up just thinking about how perfect Joe's response was. hahahha!!
I remember that! Ha ha!!

Andrizzle

Leon, that is a great story man!

I guess I should clarify that I know that I'm fine, I just don't want some poor sap paying this Internet Skid Mark a dime.

Now I'll go see if I can find eBay's number.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day! Thanks!

p@ul

A while ago I put my old Byrdland on ebay and someone stole the pictures and reposted them. I called ebay and they removed the listing. It's pretty creepy though. Luckily, the byrdland didn't sell...

I rarely use this abbreviation but it's the only thing that comes to mind....LOL!

Trending Topics