something better than g3? for me live

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by neastguy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

all I want is something w/ quality effect like the G3 but with the ability to scroll up and down on the banks rather than have patches... maybe just have 2 or 3 always there ready for me ( short delay, chorus, long delay) and then having one slot where i can scroll for tremolo, pitch, mod stuff..ect. I really like the sounds and the size of the G3, but for live use it kinda sucks.. I have a 2 week window to return this thing... I'm on the fence... I'd like to get rid of my pedals minus my wah and tuner... also , the tuner on the g3 doesn't mute.. how sucky is that for live use.... unless I"m missing something....

2. stratchamp57

stratchamp57 Member

The tuner does mute, just hold it down a little longer. ;)

3. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Member

If you don't care about amp modeling and want to use it with an amp my opinion is Boss GT-10 or the new GT-100 when it comes out which may or may not have good amp modeling. Unfortunately the GT-10 footprint is larger but it can provide all the control I imagine you would need. Great live gigging box for effects and switching amp channels. To save money and if you don't care about modeling then GT-10, maybe even GT-8 for less money though I use the 10 and never tried the 8.

FYI, tuner on the GT is good and mutes if you want it to. Wah isn't bad but I like my George Dennis more.

4. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

thanks...!!

also, my fuel tank doesn't power it... its 9v.. anyone know why?

Delivers clean, quiet power for 5 - 9V pedals.

The T-Rex Fuel Tank Junior is a power supply for your guitar effects pedals that features 5 isolated outputs to deliver clean, quiet power to your pedals, just like its big sister Juicy Lucy. Don't let the T-Rex Junior's compact size fool you — Fuel Tank Junior is a real powerhouse!

Fuel Tank Junior comes with 10 standard pedal cables and a link cable that lets you power 5 separate units (total maximum of 120mA) off a single output.

A special serial cable (voltage doubler) — also included — lets you combine 2 outputs into 1, so you can even power your classic 18-volt pedal alongside your 9-volt units.

Features

• Fuel Tank Junior comes with all the cables you need:
    • link cable (daisy chain) with 5 DC plugs
    • DC-to-DC cables 50cm
    • DC-to-DC cables 25cm
    • voltage doubler cable that doubles the voltage to 18V