Something Better???

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by 02Singlecut, Feb 25, 2012.

1. 02Singlecut

02Singlecut Supporting Member

I have an Ultra and Axe Edit etc is working flawlessly, BUT I'm having problems getting connected from my laptop to the Ultra via my M Audio Uno. It acts like the cheap MIDI cable MFC101 "Name Timeout" If I unplug a couple of times it will connect. Is this a known problem??? It feels to me like the pin conectors really don't fit snug.... Is there something better??? TY

2. shasha

shasha Member

MIDISport 2x2. You can't touch it for the money. I've had so many different USB to MIDI interfaces and for the most part they are hit or miss in terms of compatability and throughput. A lot of them have smaller (i.e., cheaper) buffers that overflow with the sysex data required for the AxeFX. In the case of the Uno it just has connection problems with the USB port itself.

The 2x2 is just rock solid and can't be touched for the price IMHO. I don't even need one right now and I'm thinking about picking one up just to have.

3. Dr Git

Dr Git Member

I agree with Shasha as far as many being hit and miss. The one that worked for me best that i already had in the house was a maudio fast track pro. The cool thing about the the midi sports is if you get a certain model, you can run axe edit and your MFC at the same time. Is it the 4x2 model? Not sure, but if i was still into a Ultra, i would look into something like that. Beats all the unplugging i had to do. Cheers

4. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

I also used the MIDISport 2x2 when I had the Ultra with an iMac. I never had any problems with it.

5. Matman

Matman Member

2x2 Anniversary Edition solves this problem neatly.

6. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I have a first gen Midisport 2x2 that never hiccuped once with the Standard or Ultra.

*Note to the OP: it's hard to read your posts with the bold text.

7. Dancing Frog

Dancing Frog Member

I have to go with MIDIsport 2x2 as well. Had some problems initially with Windows XP/Pro service pack 2 with the Ultra, but it's worked like a charm with Windows 7.

8. shasha

shasha Member

I thought that was just me. Its funny how something that small can mess with your ability to read.

9. 02Singlecut

02Singlecut Supporting Member

Got a MIDISport 2X2 Aniv @ GC today....I'm up and running!! TY Everyone!!!!