Something I have noticed with using 2 power supplys

cisspcism

Something I have noticed if I have 2 voodoo lab pedal power devices or even the MXR MC403 and a voodoo lab PP2+,...

if I have effect boxes that are before my amp only being powered by one Voodoo Lab PP2+ everything is great....

but lets say I need more power outlets and I add a second pedal power 2+ or something like it and the effect it is powering is also before the amp I get a slight increase of hum.

This only happens when before the amp. If the second power supply is in the effects loop I don't have this issue.

Anyone else notice this?

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
Are you running the second supply out of the courtesy outlet in the first, or plugging each in separately? I am assuming the first, maybe plugging each one into a brick on it's own would solve the problem?

cisspcism

Are you running the second supply out of the courtesy outlet in the first, or plugging each in separately? I am assuming the first, maybe plugging each one into a brick on it's own would solve the problem?

I tried both with one piggybacked off the other and then also both plugged into the furman power conditioner.

Top Bottom