Something in the TS808 vibe but without the bass cut?

Badfrog

I've searched around and have come up with the Mojo Hand Rook and VFE The Scream. I really do like the MJM Phantom OD that I have but I would like something without the bass cut. Anything else I should look into?

Just to clarify, I would like to keep it under $200 and I'm the usual Strat/Princeton guy. I like the compression and most of the mid hump that a TS gives but wouldn't like some bass added in (or at least have some control over it).

Last edited:

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
Digitech Bad Monkey, Hardwire CM-2 both have separate bass and treble controls to deal a bit more precisely with eq issues.

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
MXR GT-OD, Digitech Bad Monkey & Hardwire CM-2, Green Rhino, as well as any number of people who mod the TS style pedals for bass addition and/or boost.

southpaw pete

Visual Sound Route 808 - an 808 with a bass boost switch.

Or if you don't like the look of that pedal, go for their VS-XO, which has two channels: The right side is an 808 with a switch for different bass settings, different clipping options, and a clean blend knob. The left side is their Open Road with tone and bass controls.

Badfrog

Thanks for the input so far. Can't believe I forgot about the Green Rhino. I'll have to give that a shot soon enough. Also a few votes for the Little Green Wonder. Can't believe I've never seen the Visual Sound VS-XO before.

Tbig

Homebrew Power Screamer with Bass Boost. It's the best tubescreamerish pedal I've ever owned.

jdel77

any decent tech can do the mod without you needing another pedal.
Its replacing one capacitor.

sleejay80

Yeah, once you start getting picky about your TS, Green Rhino is the way to go.

It can cover all of your TS extras - With bass and mids(transparency and/or smoothness control is my take) knobs, and extra gain, it can pretty much "be" 99% of the TS boutique clones out on the market.

Not saying other options aren't good - but what are the chances of getting something spot-on? And as times change, so will your taste. With the GR, you could tweak it to fit your needs.

So never will you have to shop for another TS. (That may be a bad thing for you pedal quest freaks ;))

Badfrog

Well, I have a Mojo Hand Rook and a Rockett Blue Note on the way (I had to try one) and have also made a trade for a Green Rhino.

If for some unearthly reason one of those doesn't speak to me then I'll have to try to Little Green Wonder down the road some time.

Trending Topics