Something new from Hope Sandoval.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, really impressed with the new album - it's a lot more varied than the last and there are some very strong tracks on it. The first song Into The Trees has a fantastic Nico covering the Doors vibe, and I like her current guitarist, lots of wobbly Bigsby stuff going on.

I've seen her live a couple of times and you basically sit in a nearly pitch black room listening to the music - I can remember a London show where the fire exit sign behind the stage was the brightest light in the room. I'd still probably go if she tours again but it's not the most exciting of live experiences. There again I went to one of the Mazzy reunion shows and they had a great set of films behind the band that really transformed the experience.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Thanks! I was looking for some interesting music to give my daughter for Christmas. I picked up this one along with the latest from Norah Jones, Teddy Thompson and Eilen Jewel.

anuj

Gold Supporting Member
So do angels play AC30s or 15s? And are they vintage? Hand-wired?

KidKt66

Yeah, really impressed with the new album - it's a lot more varied than the last and there are some very strong tracks on it. The first song Into The Trees has a fantastic Nico covering the Doors vibe, and I like her current guitarist, lots of wobbly Bigsby stuff going on.

I've seen her live a couple of times and you basically sit in a nearly pitch black room listening to the music - I can remember a London show where the fire exit sign behind the stage was the brightest light in the room. I'd still probably go if she tours again but it's not the most exciting of live experiences. There again I went to one of the Mazzy reunion shows and they had a great set of films behind the band that really transformed the experience.

i hear she's painfully shy. :oops:

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
i hear she's painfully shy. :oops:

Sometime in the mid 90s I met her and David Roback in a second hand clothes shop: I said hello and she said 'er, yeah, this is David. He's in the band too, he'll talk to you' and hid behind a row of vintage jackets until I went away. It didn't really offend me, women running away from me at the slightest attempt at communication being a recurrent theme at that age, but it was a bit awkward. David was lovely though, and he was a huge influence on me as a guitarist.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom