Sometimes it's nice to go back...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SFW, Jan 30, 2008.

1. SFW

SFW Member

to a standard Marshall setup.

On a whim I picked up a Marshall JCM200 DSL yesterday. I needed a mate from my Marshall 1960AX cab. It sounded so good that I decided to use it on last night recording session. (we're working of preproduction tracks at the moment.) I am really enjoying this amp, and the classic Marshall thump again!

[​IMG]

Here's a rough mix of what we tracked last night.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6221661

2. justonwo

justonwo Member

What do you mean "sometimes?" ;)

3. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

haha... cool setup man! IMO the jcm2000s are WAY underrated just because of the number of kids and weekend pop-punkers that play them.... especialy on the used market, they are tons of fun!

4. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

I"m with you there. I have quite a few different classic/vintage amps and boutique amps in my collection. But, my bread and butter tones have always been the classic Marshall amp tone vintage BF and Blonde Fender Bassman heads. I've been playing a lot of the boutique stuff lately but over the past few weeks, pulled the good old Marshall's and Fenders into my rotation. It felt like putting on your favorite old worn in T-shirt.

5. Junk Yard Dog

Junk Yard Dog Member

Pretty cool clip! The DSL's are generally underated...I'd keep mine over the JVM or VM, but mines also modded.

6. Squigglefunk

Squigglefunk Senior Member