Sonar and EZ Drummer

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by wahfreak, Mar 28, 2008.

1. wahfreak

wahfreak Silver Supporting Member

I tried installing EZ Drummer last night and for the life of me I can't find out how to launch it. I installed it using the custom install option so I believe everything was installed to it's proper location.

I open Sonar (4), insert a midi track but can't find the EZ Drummer option anywhere. Should I be able to access it form the effects bin?? Do I have to arm the track first?? :jo

Thanks

2. jaycee

jaycee Member

It should be where all the other soft synths are. Go to insert>soft synths and it should be there. When Sonar starts it should automatically scan the vst folder to look for anything new. Go into 'Global' under options. There should be an option in one of the folders to scan the vst folder. Try that. If that dosen't help then it's probably installed in a different location and you need to find out where it's installed, probably in a "toontrack' folder, and point the vst scanner to that folder. Hope this helps.

3. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Actually, sonar 4 does *not* do that. You have to use the VST scan utility (i forget the name of it) which is a separate executable which manually scans the vst folder and creates wrappers which allows sonar 4 to use VSTs. Sonar 7 doesn't require that utility but 4 does.

4. jaycee

jaycee Member

Yup, i stand corrected. I'm using ver 6. How quickly they forget.

5. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

FWIW... EZ drummer rocks. I picked it up with all the expansion packs and man its sounds good to me.

6. wahfreak

wahfreak Silver Supporting Member

Thanks Jack. That was it. I needed to run a VST adapter and now it works fine.