Song idea-work in progress

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Greggy, May 12, 2005.

1. Greggy

Greggy Member

This is an earlier scratch version of a song I released on my second cd. This take is a bit more laid back than the released version. I've always wanted to re-record this song, as I was never comfortable with any version to date. I know the bass is off rhythm at times, and the pocket is wobbly from time to time on all instruments. Nevertheless, I'm open to any and all suggestions for further improvements (instrument choices, fx, pan, mix, etc.). Thanks, and here it is:

Matador

2. scottl

scottl Member

I liked the jazzy intro. It reminded me of How Insensative from Jobim. Nice 70's/80's vibe on the overall thing....

Just watch out on your chord timings... That's all I have for ya. Maybe the drum programming choice too. A more organic drum sound would be nice.

Keep in mind that rhythm is KING! Make it lock over all else.

Scott

3. Greggy

Greggy Member

Thanks Scott. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Timing/pocket has always been my soft spot. But I've improved recently, been bearing down on it. This version was recorded about 2 years ago, I'm gonna give it another shot, will probably rebuild it from the ground up. And I'm taking your drum programming suggestion also. I learned a few tricks about recording from a drum machine since this version was recorded. More later.....