Song ya hate but love the guitar lead

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Dirty laundry by Don Henley with Joe Walsh and Lukather splitting time. Joe's solo is so OUT. I love it. The song is ...meh.

Lots of zappa but especially Montana. That song is SOOO goofy (even for zappa) but the solo kills.

funkycam

Several from alan holdsworth's catalog.

in the dead of night
metal fatigue

there was one on secrets that had a particularly wonderful electric solo & particularly awful vocals...

pir8matt

Bon Jovi's - Runaway

The song is ridiculous, but has a great guitar solo and cool harmonic phrases in the middle parts.

It's so good to finally admit it!

donostia13

I don't hate the song exactly, but it's one of Eric Johnson's weaker pop efforts:

"Lonely in the Night"
The solo breaks are painfully gorgeous...

boog204

Silver Supporting Member
white lion immediately came to mind... also, virtually anything by extreme. nuno is a badass.

Josh O

most anything by Bon Jovi, no fan of Bon Jovi but Sambora can really tear it up.

keninsyr

Tears for Fears, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." Killer solo late in the song. Also, quite a few Mister Mister songs had good solos, but the rest sucked. Toto songs too....
The short double stop solo in this tune is pretty cool as well.

6Tones

Beat It- Michael Jackson
Hotel California...ok I like the song,but after 34,377 hearings, I can still appreciate the solo everytime.
:p

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
Haven't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but "Midnight at the Oasis" is pretty high on my list...kitschy song, twee vocal, cornball lyrics, and an utterly miraculous and baffling solo from Mr. Amos Garrett.

Back in the days before digital technology I think I actually recorded "Midnight" on cassette and spliced out Garrett's part to make a tape loop that I could play over and over...but I never did figure out that solo!

Trending Topics