• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Songs that Make You Want to Break things.

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
You know those songs. Those intense songs that pump you up. Get you energetic. Post them!

I will start. DEP Farewell, Mona Lisa. Especially from around 2:00 mark on.

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
My favorite song to work out to! Actually, I usually spin the entire disc. :dude

Timcito

Jumping Jack Flash - without doubt the best disco song ever. I challenge anyone not to leap up, cavort and make a total dick of themselves to the absolutely effing amaaaaaazing riff at the beginning.

Hi-Ho Silver Lining - the solo. Lord above, it comes straight from the bowels and kicks you in the head. Makes you want to leap about and do something truly silly. The only danger in nightclubs are the complete arschen-hole DJs who think they're enhancing our enjoyment by turning off the sound when the chorus comes in so we can sing it. If there are any DJs in the house, DON'T DO IT!!! You're murdering a great song.

Rock and Roll - Led Zep. Doesn't need explaining. It's mayhem music straight from hell. The best.

House of the Rising Sun - Alan Price's organ solo. Utterly simple and utterly inspired. Totally in tune with the words of the song - a kind of celebration of hedonism and romantic self-destruction.

Crossroads - Eric Clapton's solo on the live recorded version. Unbelievable. I don't know if it really was improvised but it sure as hell sounds like it. Not only that, but divinely improvised: My son, you shall now be granted the ultimate ball-busting solo of such intensity, melody and fluid ease that the punters will start calling you Me!" And they did!

And that's just for starters! :banana

fetchmybeer

Gold Supporting Member
Not so much break stuff, but it definitely fires me up

Slayer is really the only band that makes me want to legitimately break stuff.

Funky Monkey

Gold Supporting Member
"Farewell, Mona Lisa" is in my top 10 for sure.
My #1 is "The Reflecting G*d" by Marilyn Manson. I won't link the vid to avoid infraction.

sgmarshall

Even to this day-
I- Black Sabbath
Ghost in the Ruins-Savatage
Desert Song-Michael Schenker Group
Don't Talk to Strangers - Dio

CharlyG

Play It Forward
Silver Supporting Member
I dunno, there has been an aggression in some music ever since Punk, that puts me in a not so good place. Part of it is the frenetic pace I suppose.

GulfportBound

The sad part is that I can never find any players in my burg who'd be willing to have a jam on it with me. Even my own old blues band thought it was "too psychedelic" for us to play when we gigged---never mind that, one night, I asked everyone in the venue privately what they'd think if we did it, and to a one they all said "We'd love it!!" *******, the lot of them. I've long since been glad that band imploded two years ago . . .

Last edited:

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
Man, some of you are ready to start breaking stuff at the drop of a hat. House of the Rising Sun? Great song, but that's worrisome.

Timcito

Man, some of you are ready to start breaking stuff at the drop of a hat. House of the Rising Sun? Great song, but that's worrisome.
It's inspiration and verve more than speed and violence that hit the spot. Always have. It's why the Van Halens, Steve Vais, and the rest of 'em ought to get our juices flowing but can end up merely impressing us instead.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom